Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Template Shares
Old 2nd August 2008, 16:45

Default Aggressive IP ban mod
Not sure what version it started with but I'm playing with v4.3

Here is my question!
Do you know if this mod ban IP through what medium? i.e. writing it up in IPban log, store somewhere else in database, store info in .htaccess, or communicate directly to apache server?

Because I've been banned accessing pages many time and it's not like i get a warning, i just noticed sluggishness first then total blackout on accessing through port 80 but CPanel and sFTP still working but then 1 by one all functions goes out and can't to any of them!!!
I tried to reboot my system, restart my router ...etc but no go however I go through a proxy i have no issue accessing also if I change my semi-static IP and I'm ok again if I go back to my older IP address (can't tell you how hehe) the block is still there

I contacted my ISP they claim to be innocent and contacted my host it looks like they're clueless. this only happens with the tracker reaches over max CPU allowance and it looks it chops who used the site most which is usually me but 1 time i had somebody else who have strict static IP and got banned :( and now he can't access for some time and he is a moderator of the tracker!!!

so anybody know about this aggressive IP ban mod if it actually communicates with apache server and where does it save the info?

thanks

Tags
aggressive , ban , ip , mod