Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Template Shares
Old 7th December 2020, 05:09

P2P
Default Let's Encrypt Problem
hey there BV Gurus,

i have an issue with Let's Encrypt.

how can i add a cronjob in plesk or a command to run to have it going on without asking to renew it every few weeks or months???

cheers
Old 4th September 2021, 20:25

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMan View Post
hey there BV Gurus,

i have an issue with Let's Encrypt.

how can i add a cronjob in plesk or a command to run to have it going on without asking to renew it every few weeks or months???

cheers
Ask Google, everything is there.
Old 5th September 2021, 09:57
Cod3r

P2P
Thumbs up
With Shell Access
https://certbot.eff.org/
We recommend that most people with shell access use the Certbot ACME client. It can automate certificate issuance and installation with no downtime. It also has expert modes for people who don’t want autoconfiguration. It’s easy to use, works on many operating systems, and has great documentation. Visit the Certbot site to get customized instructions for your operating system and web server.
https://certbot.eff.org/
  • Snap Support

The Certbot snap supports the x86_64, ARMv7, and ARMv8 architectures. While we strongly recommend that most users install Certbot through the snap, you can find alternate installation instructions here.
  • SSH into the serverSSH into the server running your HTTP website as a user with sudo privileges.
  • Install snapdYou'll need to install snapd and make sure you follow any instructions to enable classic snap support.
    Follow these instructions on snapcraft's site to install snapd.

• Ensure that your version of snapd is up to dateExecute the following instructions on the command line on the machine to ensure that you have the latest version of snapd.
    sudo snap install core; sudo snap refresh core
  • Remove certbot-auto and any Certbot OS packagesIf you have any Certbot packages installed using an OS package manager like apt, dnf, or yum, you should remove them before installing the Certbot snap to ensure that when you run the command certbot the snap is used rather than the installation from your OS package manager. The exact command to do this depends on your OS, but common examples are sudo apt-get remove certbot, sudo dnf remove certbot, or sudo yum remove certbot.
    If you previously used Certbot through the certbot-auto script, you should also remove its installation by following the instructions here.
  • Install CertbotRun this command on the command line on the machine to install Certbot.
    sudo snap install --classic certbot
  • Prepare the Certbot commandExecute the following instruction on the command line on the machine to ensure that the certbot command can be run.
    sudo ln -s /snap/bin/certbot /usr/bin/certbot
  • Choose how you'd like to run Certbot
    • Either get and install your certificates...Run this command to get a certificate and have Certbot edit your Apache configuration automatically to serve it, turning on HTTPS access in a single step.
      sudo certbot --apache
    • Or, just get a certificateIf you're feeling more conservative and would like to make the changes to your Apache configuration by hand, run this command.
      sudo certbot certonly --apache
  • Test automatic renewalThe Certbot packages on your system come with a cron job or systemd timer that will renew your certificates automatically before they expire. You will not need to run Certbot again, unless you change your configuration.
    You can test automatic renewal for your certificates by running this command:
    sudo certbot renew --dry-runIf that command completes without errors, your certificates will renew automatically in the background.
  • Confirm that Certbot workedTo confirm that your site is set up properly, visit https://yourwebsite.com/ in your browser and look for the lock icon in the URL bar.

Old 5th September 2021, 10:23

P2P
problem solved long time ago without asking google or have smart asses making useless inputs

gee
Old 5th September 2021, 17:35

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMan View Post
problem solved long time ago without asking google or have smart asses making useless inputs

gee
good job :)
Old 7th September 2021, 23:15

P2P
The only thing I found is that you have to leave port 80 open to your machine thats running the server using lets encrypt so it will update when cron runs. I closed port 80 thinking I didnt need it anymore, and when it came time for renewal, I saw the error messages in my console, so I opened port 80 back up in the gateway/router and everything worked fine. Just wanted to pass that along. Maybe There is a some way to have it update on 443, but I never looked into it that far as its not that important to me to bother with. Hope everything is working well for you