Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Template Shares
Old 24th June 2012, 23:23

P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by djzoulox View Post
use tbdev instead of this crap
tbdev is pure crap, anyone can hack it, so full of holes, not a new revision out for over 3 years and all the in house fighting over there, doubt if there ever will be. If someone took the time to go through the code and secure it, update it, then you would have a tracker, however there are many much newer sources available and with far less risks then this tbdev dinosaur edition. TSSE is a simple code to put up, fairly secure, and can simply be installed setup and ran with a minimum of staff and I know one site that has run this code for about 14 months now with no coder and the site has almost 60,000 users, so yes it works, installs easily, any issues usually indicate a lack of time spent in the back end setting it up correctly.
Old 24th June 2012, 23:34
U-232 Dev

United Kingdom
Tbdev produce a base source code, lastest decent one was 09, it was Xhtml valid and php error free and little in the way that could be exploited to any advantage. So when you say Tbdev is pure crap im sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. All sources are derived from bytemonsoon/Tbsource/Tbdev so by your claim all codes are crap eh ?

Now i'll tell you what makes a code insecure or hack able - Assholes that come along and think there a big coder but really there are simple copy and paste merchants with no experience or knowledge at all, they post there crap and everyone falls into the copy paste trap no even checking the code they just added. So no DAKz your totally full of it, Tbdev is no crap, wannabee coders that know the square root of feck all, that like to talk the talk but cant walk the walk are the problem and what makes any source code " Crap ". I see year after year the same old shite, but none of you that slag off the origin can produce any better, funny that.
Old 24th June 2012, 23:38

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjoos View Post
Tbdev produce a base source code, lastest decent one was 09, it was Xhtml valid and php error free and little in the way that could be exploited to any advantage. So when you say Tbdev is pure crap im sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. All sources are derived from bytemonsoon/Tbsource/Tbdev so by your claim all codes are crap eh ?

Now i'll tell you what makes a code insecure or hack able - Assholes that come along and think there a big coder but really there are simple copy and paste merchants with no experience or knowledge at all, they post there crap and everyone falls into the copy paste trap no even checking the code they just added. So no DAKz your totally full of it, Tbdev is no crap, wannabee coders that know the square root of feck all are them problem and what makes code " Crap ".
can only agree and understand what you are telling Bigjoos ,
it's kinda like intel amd and xeon Intel and Xeon then you know what you get.
TBDEV you know what you have from scratch and what you can patch and code on it you can make the code out it for what you want.
and the copy paste can be a big mistake if you no nothing .you sadley see some sell exploited tbdev sources
Old 25th June 2012, 00:06

P2P
Default Truth....
No not all source codes are based on tbdev, and the 2009 version is only a revision, and I have seen to many sites, and db's hacked to pieces since the exploits for this source can even be googled and found on youtube.
My biggest issue with tbdev is its age, and the in house fighting by its developers. You can disagree all you like fact is it is a 4 year old code since its last final release, there are no new releases coming at all. The advances in code security, caches, server technology, database security, image compression, have changed a lot since tbdev managed a final release. And of all people, a developer should know this, Bigjoos your code is very nice and you maintian it, so would you go 4-5 years without a release and expect your code to be useable in a server world that far down the road? I really doubt it. The truth to it, and it is very well documented throughout these forums, is that they (tbdev) chased away all their talent, they have posted their issues all over the place here, the fact of it is this simple, while they can argue and fight over who wrote what line of code, the truth is there are no new revisions, none on the way either, now you compare that to what joerobberts has developed, what you Bigjoos, has developed, and what optix has developed, (tell me his is tbdev based LOL) and many others here. Gazelle is only alive because of its c+ tracker backend, but facts are its a dinosaur as well. Now I won't get into a pissing match over this, facts are facts, the tbdev source is dead, its old, and from the looks of the numbers on the main page here you can see which source does well, and which ones don't.
I stand behind the guys that put so much effort into decoding and nulling the TSSE 5.6, not because of the original code, but for the basic rewrite of the entire code done by the people from bvlist. To that end I also promote the original work you have done, optix and joerobberts, along with the others. But I can not in good faith promote a code that we all know is faulty, flawed, slow, and unsecure, I can not give it more attention then its own developers will. As I stated, tbdev can be made into a good code, if your willing to go in and rework huge sectiosn of it. That does not appear to be the case anymore for would be tracker owners here, they simply want a drive by tracker they can hang, be secure, and have up and running in an hour, as developers you have addressed this in your code, as the other developers have as well.
Simply put, I stand behind my statements on my OPPINION of tbdev. If you do not like my OPPINION, then do not ask for it and a developer praising tbdev does that mean a lack of faith in his own code? Bigjoos, your code is very tight, your people skills in dealing with those that use it are not the best, but we can all see were you take it and address the issues, so now with all that said I will not knock your code, or the effort that the guys put into tsse 5.6, or zen tracker, or any of the other nice sources that are here, I appreciate the effort that all of you have put in to them,and if you do not like my opinions, simply do not ask for them.
Old 25th June 2012, 00:08
U-232 Dev

United Kingdom
Good reply - cant argue with that, just stating that the tools can be blamed when its the operators fault, but yeah interesting points.
Old 25th June 2012, 00:30

Denmark
it's just kinda fun many danish trackers run with tbdev i know at least 10 danish trackers that run with tbdev only 1 ive seen been hacked .

and i see many us tbdev trackers as well its really realey i see a tracker today that dont have tbdev code i see few with gazelle as well but if i see some tracker with TSSE Crap i don't touch it we all have our oppenions

Old 25th June 2012, 01:03

P2P
Wink yep
I have hosted, owned, and staffed at tbev sites, some of them are very large and well known, they usually as a rule do not tell you when they been hack, attacked, sql injections, etc. It would encourage others to do it.
As far as which site uses what, since there are millions of trackers all over the world, I would hate to guess who uses what. But the sad truth is simply that if you start a tracker you will piss someone off, it might be a tracker owner that his sysop left to come to your site, it might be an uploader with scene access, it might be that they fear the competition, whatever its a fact of trackers, the other fact of trackers is that when they attack (not if, but when) how will your server, and code handle it.
I have seen this code handle small botnet ddos attacks thanks to the php firewall, and the server side protection. This is one of the reasons why we say a million times, you can't run a tracker on a free host, if your happy with tbdev, great. If your a coder, even better, if you have several coders, then you hang it, then come back in 6 months and tell me how great tbdev is, but before you do, go though and look at all the changes that have been made in the code, and tell me how fantastic the original code is. I have some of the redesigns of the tbdev code that were used on funfiles, tts, TiP, etc they all started as tbdev, but when you go in and look at the code the only thing left of the original is the license. IT has been modded to suit that server, that owner, the coders, and the users.
Old 25th June 2012, 07:40

United Kingdom
Default hi
shit D you swallowed a book lol

i see a few things

black is black white is white and the b@stard in the middles greyish lookin

we all have our own
i like bjs {not off bigjoo in person but the wife{and thats not bigjoos wife his source} , and yep we all knew tb would end like this
and well done to bj to carrying on a new better updated version so when you n00bs start asking about tbdev say sod it and u232

looking forward to a more colourfull future and alot more bjs i love you miss foxy

7.5 tsse
future tracker source & hosting, vps
trackers installs + Themes
http://www.foxyhosting.co.uk
http://www.downmy.top testing zone
offshore vps & cpanel hosting & Shoutcast & VPN
STOP cyberbullying
any setups tracker installs vps hosting vps setups themes mods hit me up
over the last three months ive become a snake breeder,pythons,hogs,boa,corn,rat,king,carpet and what joy it is

Old 17th July 2012, 20:25

P2P
That should this version for me is an ultimate version I wish not to have problems.

Thank you very much.

Bump: What the hell did you upload? This is not a bencoded file!
help pls
Old 21st July 2012, 09:30

United Kingdom
Default hi
is this on external torrents or private is so on external try another or from another tracker to double check

7.5 tsse
future tracker source & hosting, vps
trackers installs + Themes
http://www.foxyhosting.co.uk
http://www.downmy.top testing zone
offshore vps & cpanel hosting & Shoutcast & VPN
STOP cyberbullying
any setups tracker installs vps hosting vps setups themes mods hit me up
over the last three months ive become a snake breeder,pythons,hogs,boa,corn,rat,king,carpet and what joy it is

Tags
56 , heavy , modded , tsse