Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Template Shares > Mods & Themes
Old 13th December 2011, 06:15

Default change menu background
Hi guys

i'm trying to find a way to make the theme of my site to change menu background, header, footer, and site background like exemple once a month any idea of if this can be done and if yes how?

i'm stuck with this and i think i would be really great

thank's
Old 13th December 2011, 13:40

South Africa
Default anyone can help?
hey man, do you want it to automatically change themes or do you want to change the themes?
The Following User Says Thank You to accretio For This Useful Post:
Cleanup (13th December 2011)
Old 13th December 2011, 17:28

Hi

if it's possible to change only the images i would prefer but if there's no way to do it i would have it to change the entire theme but for every users..

exemple we're in december i would like it to setup pictures about xmas, in january i would like to have it to change it to a winter pictures etc... but if it's possible to have it to do it automaticly and have it to change only the pictures i want i would really prefer like this no need to have 100 themes on the site

Quote:
Originally Posted by accretio View Post
hey man, do you want it to automatically change themes or do you want to change the themes?
Old 13th December 2011, 19:17

South Africa
hey there, what tracker are you using?
The Following User Says Thank You to accretio For This Useful Post:
Cleanup (13th December 2011)
Old 13th December 2011, 19:35

Hi

since i posted in tsse section means i'm using tsse i'm up to 6.3 at the moment but building 7.2 with avatar theme templates but i wanna change it to change the graphics like i said before

Quote:
hey there, what tracker are you using?
Old 13th December 2011, 19:42

South Africa
sorry man, wont be able to help you much. i only know some stuff about tbdev, torrentstrike, etc. but can the users on tsse change the themes on their accounts or do they have to stick with the default one that you set?
Old 13th December 2011, 20:01

Yes they can but i wanna have only one theme that will change automaticly every months you know every site can have multiple themes but you have to change them manually every months would be nice to have a script doing it for you...

it doesn't matter what version the script is for i can adapt it to tsse after i have it working...

it's just like a cronjob that would exemple: rename the graphics from directory 12 ( december ) and move them to the proper directory this would do the job

it doesn't even have to rename them i can name them to the proper names it would just have to move them from exemple: 12 to the images directory of the theme but it has to copy 4 or 5 images

Quote:
sorry man, wont be able to help you much. i only know some stuff about tbdev, torrentstrike, etc. but can the users on tsse change the themes on their accounts or do they have to stick with the default one that you set?
Old 14th December 2011, 13:31

South Africa
sorry dude, i think that's a bit too complicated for me. if i were you, i'd just change the default theme of the site manually and let the users not have a choice in what theme they use. you could also just edit the images of all the themes and still allow the users to change their own themes, as this will still allow the themes to change with each month. i really don't think it would be much of a pain to do it manually, so why do you really need an automatic script. sorry that i can't be of much help, but i don't know much about web designing, programming. cheers
Old 14th December 2011, 16:20

HI

no problem i'm pretty sure someone somewhere knows how to do this thing i just need to find this person :)

i don't want to have many themes because i don't weant my site to look like all other tsse they're all look a like

Quote:
sorry dude, i think that's a bit too complicated for me. if i were you, i'd just change the default theme of the site manually and let the users not have a choice in what theme they use. you could also just edit the images of all the themes and still allow the users to change their own themes, as this will still allow the themes to change with each month. i really don't think it would be much of a pain to do it manually, so why do you really need an automatic script. sorry that i can't be of much help, but i don't know much about web designing, programming. cheers
Old 16th December 2011, 11:46

P2P
Wink CSS time
Since you did not say if you were making the theme from scratch or modifying the available avatar theme, I have to be pretty basic here.
Go to the templates folder, then to the theme you are using and find the css file open it up and look for the menu parts and there you can modify it. Some do use images for their menu backgrounds, and these will be in the img folder for the theme, but more then likely it will be in the css file.
Joeroberts wrote a great tutorial for themes, even though its not for tsse it still will be a great help. Best thing to do is open it all up on a localhost, get out your editor and open up the css file for that theme and then experiment with it till you get it just how you want it. Then (and this is important) hang it on a server to test it in ALL browsers. ie treats them way different then firefox or chrome, and once you get it just how you want then you can simply rename it to what ever you want and copy the entire theme folder over to your live site template folder, where if you do not want the users to use anything else then just delete all other theme folders, and set the default theme in the tracker settings. TSSE is pretty simple to retheme to anything you want.

Tags
background , change , menu