Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Torrent Strike
Closed Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 17:03

P2P
Talking TorrentStrike v5 - Currently started and in progress
Myself and nicky has been working on the v0.5 of torrentstrike and progress is going quite well to say theres only myself and nicky working on it but so far so good when it comes down to what we have done to add new things to torrentstrike.

Torrentstrike v0.5 as it is now includes the following new features and also noted will be other new features which we are currently thinking of doing aswell once the more important things are done on the v0.5 :)

v0.5 will have a new block system so users can now place any blocks that they wish on the left , right or even center of the site and not have to edit the theme files each time they wish to have something moved from the left to the right for example :)

Along with the new block system we have added the option to use external torrents now (multitrackered) which also works with the passkey system that was already included in the v0.4 .

This means members will still get ratio on external torrents.

Along side them 2 new features will be a new usergroup system meaning no more file edits to make new usergroups :)

Phpbb2 has been fully removed from the v0.5 and we are hopefully wanting to make is optional for the owner to choose which forum source they are wanting to use if they dont want to use the basic default forum which is currently the tbdev basic forum source .

Other things such as a new admin panel and a new user details page layout is on the idea list along with a brand new usercp to replace the old my.php .

We have wanted to try and keep the v0.5 as basic as possible to let the user be able to add there own things to it which they are wanting that are already out there and only the main needed things will be included in the v0.5 to keep it basic and easy to support without it being a overbloatded source with useless mods that not everybody is wanting when they install v0.5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Useful Post:
aMiGo1972 (31st March 2010), Emeru290 (14th May 2011)
Old 31st March 2010, 18:01

Israel
Will be very nice to see External torrents (multitracker) !
I love this code and i don`t use it because the external torrents are very important for me.... Thankyou very much for this great news and your hard work.
Old 1st April 2010, 11:16

United Kingdom
Sounds good

what sort of upgrade path will there be im currently using ts fully modded but have removed alot of the mods and also wrote quite a few new mods
Old 1st April 2010, 12:15

Portugal
Seems like it's going to be a good and stable source to use ;)

Keep up the good work :D
Old 1st April 2010, 18:05

P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmobile View Post
Sounds good

what sort of upgrade path will there be im currently using ts fully modded but have removed alot of the mods and also wrote quite a few new mods
The only source which i will be making a upgrade option for with be the v4 and later on other custom versions such as the mutlistrike and nzbstrike will have upgrade options available .

The fullymodded source will soon be replaced with maybe a v0.5 fullymodded source that wont be as much bloated as what the v4 fullymodded was .

Im currently trying to keep the v0.5 as basic as i can so that when it comes to upgrades it wont be a huge task for the user when upgrading so hopefully v0.5 will be a nice option for alot of new users wanting to learn about the torrent sources :)
Old 1st April 2010, 20:48

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
The only source which i will be making a upgrade option for with be the v4 and later on other custom versions such as the mutlistrike and nzbstrike will have upgrade options available .

The fullymodded source will soon be replaced with maybe a v0.5 fullymodded source that wont be as much bloated as what the v4 fullymodded was .

Im currently trying to keep the v0.5 as basic as i can so that when it comes to upgrades it wont be a huge task for the user when upgrading so hopefully v0.5 will be a nice option for alot of new users wanting to learn about the torrent sources :)
Thats great I originally had v4 but upgraded to fullymodded.

as long as the database is pretty similar or upgradable from v4 then I won't have any problems upgrading.

obviously ill be testing on a different database first.
Old 2nd April 2010, 02:08

Netherlands
Is this fully modded version going to have all the mods from tbdev in there again or you going to be original and create some of your own?

Also you going to come up with a new sourcecode from scratch between you's or again you going to be taking the tbdev sourcecode?

Last edited by 3v0; 2nd April 2010 at 02:52.
Old 4th April 2010, 06:00

P2P
Quote:
Is this fully modded version going to have all the mods from tbdev in there again or you going to be original and create some of your own?
Original ? please do explain what you mean by that since is there any source out there which doesnt include a mod from tbdev or torrenttrader or btit ?

The v0.5 basic source itself will include things which hasnt been posted on any of the 3 places i mentioned above so yeah we are being original if thats what you wanna call it :)

Also we dont just take from tbdev since there is things posted on tbdev which was actually posted on our forum and then copyed over to tbdev so really tbdev isnt always the original place where the mods came from :)

Quote:
Also you going to come up with a new sourcecode from scratch between you's or again you going to be taking the tbdev sourcecode?
No why should somebody start from scratch when the v4 itself is good enough to carry on with and improve ?

Also torrentstrike is XTBdev based not tbdev based :)

People that use torrentstrike are using it simply because its a great source to start from and comes with a better template system than what you get in a basic tbdev source (css stylesheets)

Before users had to manually edit the files if they wanted to move anything about but now in v0.5 its all done from the admin panel making it much easier for somebody with less experience :)
Old 4th April 2010, 10:16

France
I agree with Tony you speak of code taken on tbdev yes there is codes but never completely to copy
why example here
http://www.tbdev.net/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=15557 =(where sql)
http://www.tbdev.net/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=56202 =(where sql)

And there are many of the other one

Furthermore for me since the new forum a lot of code are illegible
here
http://www.tbdev.net/index.php?showtopic=2206&view=findpost&p=16277
screen
Click the image to open in full size.

I does not understand the reactions

Last edited by seb35; 6th April 2010 at 18:26.
Old 14th April 2010, 21:38

Excellent job Tony. Although the theme hasnt changed (no need imo), this time feels just right and the icons too. Thank you
Closed Thread

Tags
progress , started , torrentstrike , v5