Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Project U-232
Old 25th March 2012, 09:15

P2P
Thumbs down what a n00b
Look son...
I have forgotten more about computers programing, code, servers,k etc then you will ever know.

next I never claimed a damn thing, thats your bid for glory.

I asked 4 times for you to show us all how YOU install memcache with no access and you instead wanted to get defensive.

Now unless something radical has happened to these boards the main idea of sharing tip, tricks, knowledge, scripts, code advice etc is what its for. Not for you to come here and show your ass.

As far as me being popular here I don't give a rat's ass. My servers run great, my codes, sites, etc run great, everything that I do on them works. I come here to learn, to share and to help others. I contribute to the forums with my thoughts, but never claimed they were the holy grail for code, servers or anything else. You come here and want to start something that you can not support, can not back up and when asked for further details turn it into a pissing contest.

So take your little MAC server running localhost, and your little p2p tracker that's probably running the original tbdev so you can upload to yourself, and stick it clown.

You have offered no advice, no proof, no anything except a willingness to jump on others for having a different way of doing things then you do, now we all share how and why we do things the way we do, and we are there to support our methods, not get into this huge pissing contest and not able to back what we say for our methods.
DO we reference outside sources..duhhh look though the entire board this whole place is referenced from outside sources.
The funny part about this is you offer no help no assistance no methods, and complain about long accepted practices that have been used successfully and tweaked and modded and SHARED!! You offer one of those.
All I have seen you offer is a different opinion, and while I do not accept your opinion I respect your right to have that different opinion, but out of the 2 of us one is asking for your methods to maybe learn another way, instead all you have managed to do is wreck the thread, and flame not only me, but X360zone as well.
So now we have shared our methods so that others can try or learn, and I spend more time reading here then I ever will writing, you might want to give that a try, there is some amazing talent here that have no problem going in and explaining to a line level what they are talking about. And that's getting to be an issue on these boards anymore, any keyboard rambo wants to dive in like they have a clue, thinking they are big time when they are hosting a out of the box point and click tracker on a freehost, So you wish to keep flaming and making wild ass statements that you refuse to back up, then my friend you have clearly shown that you are the one lacking in skills, education, knowledge and mostly the idea of these boards which is sharing, helping, promoting the code no matter what flavor, to insure that p2p survives. Not just sit here and flame, and make wild ass accusations and insult long established members for having diferent methods then you.
You are right though, When I first got to BVList 3 years ago I spent the first year reading everything I could. And learned that others have different ways of doing things, and what works for one will not work for the nest, the "Other Downloads" thread is filled with backup copies of trackers that so many have issues with. Theses boards anymore is like a damn drive through window at McDonalds, everyone wants to drive through flip us shit, demand a point and click tracker that will work on a free host, take advantage of the people that have been here for a while, not offer a single line of code. So your right this is done. These boards used to be where other had respect and dignity for those that thought different, and you are the poster child for what this place has become, so while you may wish to continue this way, I see no point, no future and no need for it any longer. Good luck with your little adventures.
Old 25th March 2012, 15:26

United Kingdom
Whilst it's theoretically possible for a free host to install memcached as a separate service on different ports for each of it's users (which I think is the point harry007 is trying to make). Let's face it, this is never going to happen. Free hosts provide users with very limited resources and usually have thousands (maybe tens of thousands) of users on each server, they're not going to provide memcached for every user. Nor will they install it upon request, you get what you pay for and in this case you're paying nothing so why would they install it for you?

Most tracker owners tend to realise pretty quickly that a free host is useless, use shared hosting until they get kicked off that due to eating up all the shared resources, move to a VPS or dedi by which time you may have received enough donations to finance the move. If you need to install a service then the only real solution is to use a VPS at the bare minimum although if you're lucky a shared host may accommodate you upon request. (Very unlikely though).
Old 26th March 2012, 07:51

Australia
Thank you Petr1fied at last an educated user.

Can you see my frustration with this guy. At no point did l say l've installed memcache on a freehost. I said perhaps the freehost already has memcached installed. So if that was the case why would l need to reinstall it again?

One more thing memcached does not need to be restarted unless an actual change has been made to its configuration. Otherwise a simple php script to flush the cache is all that would be necessary.

Tags
installasion , problem