Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Active Trackers > UNIT3D
Old 12th July 2023, 00:34
BluCrew

P2P
Post UNIT3D v7.0.0
Hello,

Been some time since I have posted here. Figured I would let ppl know we are getting ready to release v7. UNIT3D is written is Laravel, Livewire and AlpineJS stack with our own SCSS stylesheet. UNIT3Ds default php queue job announce system can easily handle 800k-1mil peers on a modern dedicated server. We do offer a RUST lang announce for those want to run on cheaper hardware and still handle lots of peers.

Example:
Ryzen 7 3800X - 8 cores at 3.9GHz
64GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
2× 960GB SSD NVMe

This cheap $65 a month dedicated server is handling 680k peers currently with an average load of 2-4. 17.72 GiB RAM used. Of course like any software using php and mysql the configs have been tuned. Page loads are all under 0.2 seconds with most like staff dashboard being only "This page took 0.025 seconds to render and 2.00 MB of memory". This site currently has a large database of users, torrents, peers and history records.

V7 has gone through a ton of refactoring with performance, readability and security in mind. UNIT3D ships with a A+ rating out the door. https://observatory.mozilla.org/analyze/unit3d.site

We also have basic guides for tuning as well as professional tuning services for those that don't want to do it themselves.

UNIT3D is MySQL Strict Mode Compliant, and PHP 8.2 Ready. Works with Opcache and has PHP preloading file included. The code is well-designed and follows the PSR-2 coding style. It uses an MVC Architecture to ensure clarity between logic and presentation. As a hashing algorithm of Bcrypt or Argon2 is used, to ensure a safe and proper way to store the passwords for the users. A lightweight Blade Templating Engine. Caching System Supporting: "apc,” "array,” "database,” "file," "memcached," and "redis" methods. Eloquent and much more!

The installer does it all for you very simply.

Click the image to open in full size.

Stay tuned for updates. We plan to release v7 very soon. Just need to finish up the PHPUnit test-suite and some other smaller things.

Enjoy!
Old 12th July 2023, 02:30
VIP

we should never use consumer hardware on servers (65$ for that configuration is too expensive, i can get epyc 16 or 24cores)
they don't scale good at all on huge workloads
the rules that get you A+ rating is recommended to be used by the dev directly into the webserver config, not in the .htaccess file (i assume its there since you say its out of the box)
looking good, code is good, keep it up, get ready for PHP 8.3

1. Server/VPS (Debian,CentOS,Ubuntu,Fedora, FreeBSD) Optimization and ... + Modules
  2. Webserver Windows/Linux (Apache/Lighttpd/Nginx/Mysql/PhpMyAdmin/SSL) Optimization and ... + Modules
  3. Seedbox Windows/Linux (uTorrent,rTorrent,libTorrent,ruTorrent) + Modules
  4. Multiple source code engines
  5. Linux Server Administration (security, cryptography/encryption, proxy, load balancer, custom ddos firewall)

Last edited by DND; 12th July 2023 at 02:41.
Old 12th July 2023, 03:56
BluCrew

P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by DND View Post
we should never use consumer hardware on servers (65$ for that configuration is too expensive, i can get epyc 16 or 24cores)
they don't scale good at all on huge workloads
the rules that get you A+ rating is recommended to be used by the dev directly into the webserver config, not in the .htaccess file (i assume its there since you say its out of the box)
looking good, code is good, keep it up, get ready for PHP 8.3
It's actually a lightweight middleware package.

https://github.com/HDVinnie/laravel-security-headers

While I do agree it would be better to set them in NGINX itself (I done like apache lol) most tracker operators dont have the knowledge to. As you can see most top tier trackers rate F for D.

$65 is not bad imo. Can get it much cheaper on hetzner compared to OVH or Leaseweb but hetzner network is very congested imo and ping sucks alot. "we should never use consumer hardware on servers". To each there own. I dont agree. The RYzen scales and performs very well for a bunch of trackers. Again to each there own.

As for PHP 8.3. I have been ready lol.

Thanks for the kind words!

Bump: Also I should note the security headers are NOT hard coded. Its fully configurable to each devs liking.

https://github.com/HDInnovations/UNIT3D-Community-Edition/blob/7.x.x/config/secure-headers.php
Old 12th July 2023, 09:01
VIP

yeah, took a quick eye and saw the headers file
indeed.. hetzner suxxxx ..i do like OVH or scaleway
never had issues with them

1. Server/VPS (Debian,CentOS,Ubuntu,Fedora, FreeBSD) Optimization and ... + Modules
  2. Webserver Windows/Linux (Apache/Lighttpd/Nginx/Mysql/PhpMyAdmin/SSL) Optimization and ... + Modules
  5. Linux Server Administration (security, cryptography/encryption, proxy, load balancer, custom ddos firewall)
Old 13th July 2023, 23:15
BluCrew

P2P
Quote:
yeah, took a quick eye and saw the headers file
indeed.. hetzner suxxxx ..i do like OVH or scaleway
never had issues with them
What you think about new torrent grouping view. Optional vs standard list or card view. Seem what most liked about Gazelle.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 14th July 2023, 01:42
VIP

always hated the gazelle look
compact standard is the best for me

Old 14th July 2023, 03:32

P2P
lol
Yeah, the torrent grouping was one of the things I didn't like...and still don't like on the places still using it.
Old 14th July 2023, 04:39
BluCrew

P2P
Quote:
always hated the gazelle look
compact standard is the best for me
I feel the same way. Totally prefer the default list view we offer myself, but it was highly requested so....