Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > P2P > Forum > Community Cafe
Old 1st January 2012, 15:39

United Kingdom
Default what type of server or hosting is best for my need?
Am very very new and a beginner and i wish to start my very own free bit-torrent site, step by step, Web Hosting/Server, Source code, Designer, Coder......plus am Rich

Web hosting / server (Which)?
  • A free trackers without ratios, seeding acquirements,
  • non-members can as well download torrent files without registration,
  • supports up to 45 thousand members
  • no needs of own tracker (using other bit-torrent communities trackers)
  • offshore & cheap.
Old 1st January 2012, 15:52

P2P
Wink Yeah theres a name for that
What you want is a public tracker, good luck and most soruces here are easily setup for that, really simple basic stuff. As far as hosting....its a matter of choice really, there are tons of them out there, check with my buddy x360 or daffy I am sure they will be happy to get you going with a server.
Last advice get a coder, this should be the first thing on your list, he would have answered all this for you right off the bat.
Old 1st January 2012, 16:17

United Kingdom
Default happy new year
1:are you sure u want a public tracker
2:depending on how your going to run it you say shit load of users and torrents then server easy in the region of 100-00
3:source as you mentioned- theres a few for prvate trackers and a few for both {people will give you there opinion in this matter for exmple im a ts luva others like tt others like tbdev and so on for there own reason}

if you have the funds then id go private/upload bots and scene axx
both of my trackers one private and others external have a gander if you need help let me know

7.5 tsse
future tracker source & hosting, vps
trackers installs + Themes
http://www.foxyhosting.co.uk
http://www.downmy.top testing zone
offshore vps & cpanel hosting & Shoutcast & VPN
STOP cyberbullying
any setups tracker installs vps hosting vps setups themes mods hit me up
over the last three months ive become a snake breeder,pythons,hogs,boa,corn,rat,king,carpet and what joy it is

Old 1st January 2012, 17:22
TT

If you have the knowledge then take the sourcecodes into consideration and build something based on it, the sourcecodes are ok but i dont see any tracker source code thats great for public tracking, yes TT supports it but with 45,000 members then its best to make something lightweight
Old 1st January 2012, 18:03

P2P
Cool for a large public tracker.....
Really if your going to go with a huge public tracker then you need to consider the xbt tracker backend. And that will limit the source codes you use. The php trackers are not very good after about 15,000 users, and will crap out after 20k. The xbt tracker written in c+ will handle over 100k that I have seen. The only other alternative would be to go with multiple trackers as most of the publics do, this could be a smart move if you go about it like isohunt did and make your own private sites and use their tracker. Other then that for the kind of traffic your suggesting you need the xbt tracker. Also you will need to consider the server side of it. A sad part of this world simply means you will piss people off, and they will attack your site, its just a fact of life especially with a public tracker. You can run all over tryng to make peace with all the private trackers, even let them use you as a dump site, but I think I have to agree with x360 on this one, get a private tracker, get auto uploader, get a strong server, get a coder that knows his crap, and go from there. In the long run if you can make a strong community and keep fresh new torrents and beat others with pre times then you will be good. Get a forum whore to keep the forums active and members involved, pick a theme and stick with it, users get frustrated if they have to learn how to navigate around your site all the time. The elephant in the room that no one has mentioned is how much attention do you want to call to a public tracker? After what has happened with mininova, pirate bay, isohunt, etc., the "authorities are after public trackers, since you make it easy to get all users they will go in and find out all about your site and use it against you, no matter where the server is, Gary Fung thought he was safe running to canada, and the poor bastards over at TPB will be paying fines for the rest of their lives. To me its not worth the crap just to have some n00b uploader fill your site with bad torrents that are filled with viruses and password archives.
Old 1st January 2012, 18:56

United Kingdom
agree, a valid point
Old 1st January 2012, 19:20
TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKz View Post
Really if your going to go with a huge public tracker then you need to consider the xbt tracker backend. And that will limit the source codes you use. The php trackers are not very good after about 15,000 users, and will crap out after 20k. The xbt tracker written in c+ will handle over 100k that I have seen. The only other alternative would be to go with multiple trackers as most of the publics do, this could be a smart move if you go about it like isohunt did and make your own private sites and use their tracker. Other then that for the kind of traffic your suggesting you need the xbt tracker. Also you will need to consider the server side of it. A sad part of this world simply means you will piss people off, and they will attack your site, its just a fact of life especially with a public tracker. You can run all over tryng to make peace with all the private trackers, even let them use you as a dump site, but I think I have to agree with x360 on this one, get a private tracker, get auto uploader, get a strong server, get a coder that knows his crap, and go from there. In the long run if you can make a strong community and keep fresh new torrents and beat others with pre times then you will be good. Get a forum whore to keep the forums active and members involved, pick a theme and stick with it, users get frustrated if they have to learn how to navigate around your site all the time. The elephant in the room that no one has mentioned is how much attention do you want to call to a public tracker? After what has happened with mininova, pirate bay, isohunt, etc., the "authorities are after public trackers, since you make it easy to get all users they will go in and find out all about your site and use it against you, no matter where the server is, Gary Fung thought he was safe running to canada, and the poor bastards over at TPB will be paying fines for the rest of their lives. To me its not worth the crap just to have some n00b uploader fill your site with bad torrents that are filled with viruses and password archives.

You make it sound like they are innocent of something... copyright infringmenet is a crime and people will get punished, if you have things to lose then do not even attempt to run a tracker.

I Said what i said because for a open tracker there will be certain parts of these cms's that u dont need such as u may not need a theming system, or a login system for that matter but you should think about all the scenarios then make your descion, but i stick to my guns if you want to be successfull learn php and write it custom!
Old 1st January 2012, 23:04

P2P
Wink not crime....pirates!!
Not sure where you personally draw the line on the law, After all mate we are pirates! but as best I can tell the debate was not about that. The facts are simple, the "authorities" are after the publics, and the privates are getting by way better, because of the better source code, the better security and not in everyone's face all the time.
As far as someone setting out to develop their own source code, not many of those around at all, and as our friend Optix is learning, its not something your going to sit down and whip out in a weekend.
I respect your work on tt, its a nice code, and I recommend it to those that want something that is newer then the dead dinosaur tbdev and don't want tsse. But IMHO I think for someone to sit down and write a code for a single site is wasting his time. If your going to take the time to develop a new code then develop it for other tracker sites, that way you will get great testing, development and help. But then again....you knew that.
Old 1st January 2012, 23:16
TT

Yeh fuck the authorities...

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-trader/

In most places my name is publicly displayed and i do not care if the authorities dont like me being a developer because they can suck my penis for all i care lol
Old 1st January 2012, 23:54

P2P
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by djhowarth View Post
Yeh fuck the authorities...

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-trader/

In most places my name is publicly displayed and i do not care if the authorities dont like me being a developer because they can suck my penis for all i care lol

Lol thats more like it!! Welcome aboard m8!!

Tags
hosting , server , type