Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > P2P > News > Introduce Yourself
Old 27th September 2013, 08:15

P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrackerMan View Post
Where is the pissing match at cause I must have totally missed it. The only one I have seen pulling out a e-penis is you. You come here bragging about this new state of the art torrent tracker that you have been developing. Then when someone mentions their own source code you get all butt hurt about it, and threaten to leave taking this source code elsewhere that no one has yet to see. I can definitely tell you were a CoLdFuSiOn follower all the way. You carry the same I am the best, have the best, and done anything you have done or going to do better.

In point I don't even care if you leave or stay. I don't care if you share your code or not. But for God's sake quit your crying over the fact that no one is kissing your arse like the many did to CoLdFuSiOn.

Errm no, I think you misunderstand. I started this thread asking if there would be any interest in the source code that I am developing, and all of a sudden people are coming in here explaining that they have already done what I am working on. I just wanted to confirm that it is exactly the same and if I am wasting my time here.

Maybe there is a language barriere or something, but when several people come into a thread and explain that what they have is exactly the same, if not better, then to me it seems that my efforts are not welcomed. Do not turn this around on me, why would I lurk around these forums for such a long time merely to display what I have done and what you can not have¿

Did I not start out this thread asking if there is any interest in my code¿ People that actually know me from the TBDev.net forums, know that I am not a poser. I developed quite a lot of mods in the early days of TorrentBytes/TBDev (true, most of them were poorly written, my php knowledge is self-taught and I was by no means an expert) and help develop and support them on other people's trackers.

Finally, I only said I'd find a different community for the code because I felt like there was some sort of pissing match going on and my efforts were not appreciated. It seems there are enough people here that have developed a similar source code and believe it's just as good, if not better, than what I am developing at the moment. That's cool with me, but I no longer see a reason to keep asking for interest in my code, when it's pretty obvious there is none.

Had I known there already were several OOP-based, Smarty-templated and XBTT-running source codes out there, I would not have bothered asking for interest.
Old 27th September 2013, 10:34

United Kingdom
Default hi
shit happens and by the way

[HIDE]I GOT THE BIGGEST E Cock around here [/HIDE]

7.5 tsse
future tracker source & hosting, vps
trackers installs + Themes
http://www.foxyhosting.co.uk
http://www.downmy.top testing zone
offshore vps & cpanel hosting & Shoutcast & VPN
STOP cyberbullying
any setups tracker installs vps hosting vps setups themes mods hit me up
over the last three months ive become a snake breeder,pythons,hogs,boa,corn,rat,king,carpet and what joy it is

Old 27th September 2013, 22:15

United States
Look if you want to share your source code here that would be great someone may or may not want to use it. But how are you really ever going to know if you don't release it for people to see? This is actually a pretty good community here, yea sure we butt heads and argue a bit from time to time, but in the end all we really want are the same results. You will always have a rivalry when there is more then one source code out there, and that is want makes it fun/better. It don't matter if someone else has done a tracker in the same source code, that don't mean it will be 100% the same. Different coders do different things and choose different options. In the end if we could just force out all the TBDev, TSSE, and TSUE source codes that would be great
Old 27th September 2013, 23:26
Retired from BVList

P2P
@ EnzoF1 just ignore the negative behavior of certain members some just seem to post crap for the sake of posting crap and are narrow minded when someone makes a post about a different style of tracker.

All you seem to see on here now for sometime is that x tracker is great and does y and z it's like everyone has blinkers on when it comes to another source. Now I've nothing against x source or the creators but it's like every other source out their is compared to it for some reason?

Hopefully if you provide a demo for members to check out or post the code once done opinions may change?

It's posts like these with the negative and sometime unwarranted posts that give this forum a bad name on certain other sites.
Old 29th September 2013, 05:01
BT.Manager Owner

United States
@ EnzoF1 I truly hope you do not think I was trying to get into a Pi$$ing contest with you.
You peaked my query ossity with your Idea and i just wanted to compair notes.

I never even nocked any of your ideas (even though I do not agree with some of them)
You where the one that started telling me my source was not all that good and that what I was using as a template system was nothing but trouble.
Quote:
@joeroberts: Ok, cool. You have a lot of stuff that needs to be included to make it work though. With Smarty that is not necessery, you just write the php bit, define some variables for Smarty and then just create a template in basic html without mandatory opening or closing headers.

But I guess your method works just as well as my current custom template engine, it will limit you in future updates though. That I can assure you
Please re read my posts and show me where i tried to get into this pi$$ing contest.
I will no longer help you setup your site, there is a setup script if you have trouble with it post in the forum here or in BT.Manager™ forum
My Current Demo is here http://demo.btmanager.org/

Tags
remember