Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > P2P > News > Introduce Yourself
Old 24th September 2013, 19:52

P2P
Default Remember me... ¿
Hiya,

Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I used to be a Supermod on TBDev.net before it all went to shit. I am currently developing a completely new source code that might interest some people. However, considering the work that goes into it and the unlimited amount of adjustments you can perform, it won't be completely free (I am thinking about charging a small fee, like 10-15 euro). I just want to know if there would be any interest in it at all and if people would actually respect the amount of work that goes into it and wouldn't just buy one copy and then freely distribute it (although I am not that naive to think it would not happen at all! :P).

Project crankShaft:

crankShaft is a PHP/Smarty application. It allows for torrent indexing and stores data in a MySQL database. It features an extended CMS interface, SEO friendly URLs and (template) caching.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Obviously it is currently mainly being build for my own tracker, hence the motorsports and motorsports-related items/theme. But if I were to release the source code as a CMS for anyone else to use, it would be a lot more generic than what's shown on the screenshots.

It uses the Smarty-template engine, so php and html are seperated from eachother, theming is easy as cake and pretty much any novice can theme his/her torrent tracker (lots and lots of info and support to be found on the net as well). Multi-language, user-adjusted timezones, extended admin section and a shitload of features I am forgetting right now.

Is there any interest in such a thing and would you be willing to pay a small fee for it, without distributing it amongst peers as any other source (like the money-grabbing, code-stealing template-shares... yeah, I really said it!).

If there is no interest, no hard feelings. Maybe I can help out some people with their source codes as well. :)
Old 24th September 2013, 20:09
VIP

enzo, i remember you :)
nice stuff going on here, hmmm
Old 24th September 2013, 22:24

United States
Explain completely new source code. Do you mean never seen before and it is not based off of any other source code including TBDev.

Last edited by KrackerMan; 25th September 2013 at 00:50.
Old 25th September 2013, 00:09
Retired from BVList

P2P
That name is certainly a blast from the past I remember you and I used to use your previous source that you released, I seem to remember that is was probably the first one that I used?

I'd probably be interested as I like to have a look through what others have created as it's a good way to not only learn from but also to get ideas from too.

Maybe you could put a demo up somewhere so we could get a better look at it's features etc..
Old 25th September 2013, 08:11

P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrackerMan View Post
Explain completely new source code. Do you mean never seen before and it is not based off of any other source code including TBDev.
When I say new source code, I do not mean a rebuild existing code. I have been running my own source for probably three or four years now. My current version uses a custom template engine, but so many things have broken that I figured I might as well use an existing, well-developed template engine (Smarty).

It has been created from the ground up, unless you know of any other torrent tracker source that uses Smarty (because I certainly do not).

For example:
PHP: http://pastebin.com/5VRfk25g
Template: http://pastebin.com/q3n7B5g4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypto View Post
I'd probably be interested as I like to have a look through what others have created as it's a good way to not only learn from but also to get ideas from too.

Maybe you could put a demo up somewhere so we could get a better look at it's features etc..
It is still in it's early stages, but when I've got something of an alpha going on, I'll definitely get you guys a demo site. It is not meant to be a learning experience though, that's why I was asking if there would be any interest for having/running the source code for a small fee. ;) I am not talking about the prices that TS is asking for, that's a ridicilous amount that he is asking for stolen code.
Old 25th September 2013, 08:53

Seychelles
e remember this nick...even i was a simple user :)
Old 25th September 2013, 13:26

P2P
Interestingly, very good work. this is PDO?

a URL to see what happens?
Old 25th September 2013, 13:57

United Kingdom
Can't remember you. INVADER!!!
Old 25th September 2013, 20:02
BT.Manager Owner

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoF1 View Post
unless you know of any other torrent tracker source that uses Smarty (because I certainly do not).
BTManager uses templates but I use more tags.
I will no longer help you setup your site, there is a setup script if you have trouble with it post in the forum here or in BT.Manager™ forum
My Current Demo is here http://demo.btmanager.org/
Old 25th September 2013, 22:34

P2P
Yeah, but is it OOP-based and does it use Smarty¿ Like I said, my current code uses a template engine as well, but I wrote it myself and seriously limits what you can do with the site. There is no need to reinvent the wheel, Smarty has everything you want in a template engine and more.

I see that you are using tags, which honestly make no sense when using a template engine. The advantage of a template engine, is that php and html can be seperated from eachother. But to determine what your source does and how it works, I'd need to see the code.

Tags
remember