Go Back   > Bravo List > P2P > Forum > Community Cafe
Closed Thread
Old 10th February 2012, 23:33

Latvia
Default Proof of concept
My concept is that people don't want any changes
they don't like changes
they don't care if you're tracker theme is written on html 5 and css3
they say they want something new but what they really want is the same old stuff
a lot of people think i'm wrong they think they're new source will get popular because it's more advanced but i say you're wrong

and since people think i'm wrong
i'm going to take most buggy, pointless, unsecure and unsupported source in my collection (it53lv sent me like 80mb of sources)
and make it in to a hit (reach about 1000 downloads)
just to prove my point that people associates torrent trackers with old classic tbdev
and that's what they expect to see when they log in

so in next 2-4 days first beta of my new project ColdBits
remember just to prove my point !!!
oh this is going to be fun
(bitfarm still goes on but since i need new video card for my other pc and i can't run photoshop on this one plus can't design on my work pc (work is work not a playground) it will be delayed a bit but that just gives me time to work out bugs i made by editing bittorent php and other stuff)
The Following User Says Thank You to BitFarmer For This Useful Post:
romano1 (11th February 2012)
Old 17th February 2012, 09:32

P2P
Cool where to start....
Wow what a thought process.....

As daffy pointed out in another thread, tbdev is old its insecure and any kid with notepad can hack it to pieces. There are well known exploits all over it and with the in-house fighting over at tbdev doubt there will ever be another release of this code.
There are some great tbdev sites around, but sadly the only thing left thats real tbdev on the code they use is the copyright in the footer.
People don;t give a rats ass what the site's source is, they want their movies tv and a sense of community. And that is the responsibility of the owner, the coder and etc. NOw its nice to hang a site that looks pretty, but what is pretty to me may not be to the est one that signs in. More and more users are becoming paranoid and aware of the sites they are users on. They are aware that the more security that they have to go through to sit there and watch some clown show his ass in the shoutbox the better. They want to see highspeed seedboxes seeding torrents so they can get them before they finish a forum post. They want to see an active radio, irc, staff, and shoutbox. And to be honest with you, a default theme with a crap banner screms n00b owner and wont get much action, no matter what the source code is. Also along with that hang that ancient code and to make it real interesting throw a link to the faq and rules that have to be read before they can get to the registration page and see how many want to know who redbeard is lol, or 0day or what a nfo is. All that is areas that have vanished because users think that trackers are now free netflix where they can pop in and grab a movie and 30 minutes later be watching it. More proof? Back in the day the seeding rules were 1:1 or 72 hours, and it was not uncommon to see a strict 1:1 and they didn;t care about how long it took you.
Now let look at the facts, here on bvlist (Stand and face north and salute), the most active catergory is simply template shares, yeah I know xam eats ass and all that, but to be honest there is nothing left of his work in the releases here. TBDinosaur has a lot of hits but it dates back to when Jesus, (or buddah or allah or who ever) was an uploader. So the fact that most beginers start with tbdev should also show the lack of sophistication in the code and overall structure. Thats kinda sad really. Now I can say a lot of good things about a lot of other sources here, but then again they speak for themselves. We are all waiting for joerobberts to finish version 3, and optix's zen tracker take it all to a new area that is way overdue and excellent work by him at it. Now the effort that has gone into some of these is beyound description, look at the people that have thrown in and helped with decoding nulling and rewriting the entire tsse script which is a huge damn script is admirable to say the least.
Can a tbdev site be made into an excellent tracker, of course. but when compared to the others for security, mods, themes, ease of ownership, and most of all the lack of coders....yeah you really have to have one on a site instead of running up here and posting ever friggin error....but with no owner ready to secure the full time services of a coder and then treating them like crap (daffy and x360zone can fill the thread with their stories), a lot of them are looking for plug n play trackers. Something they can try to hang on a server and get on with being an owner.
Want to make it a good test,, then hang tbdev next to the other codes and see how they stack up, ohhh and the best test is piss off some hacker and let him ddos and do a couple sql injections the tbdev site will fall very fast while the others will last a little longer.
Old 17th February 2012, 10:50

Latvia
i took a bigger look at tbdev and it' s a complete mess
took a look at latest tbdev and it' s still the same mess
so i cancel the whole deal since i don' t have that much of free time to waste.
any way thank' s for great response it shoud be more like an informative thread
so people know what s up with tbdev and why not to start with it ore do anything with it

but as you said users don' t read suggestions
most of members here are just for fixes and won' t post nothing unless stuff's not working
Old 17th February 2012, 11:24
BT.Manager Owner

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKz View Post
Wow what a thought process.....
WOW can You say Punctuation?
I will no longer help you setup your site, there is a setup script if you have trouble with it post in the forum here or in BT.Manager™ forum
My Current Demo is here http://demo.btmanager.org/
Old 17th February 2012, 15:22
U-232 Dev

United Kingdom
Latest Tbdev a complete mess -= really ? So what are you basing that off, yer telling me a Xhtml valid code which is also php error free is a mess ? Find that hard to digest. Any Tbdev release prior to 09 was poor in web standards side, in those days mainly only the base code kicked arse, always has done and thats why every other source code was based of it. Anyhoo prior to 09 releases all the html was all invalid, the php had errors everywhere, many posted mods were swiss cheese, same as every single source code posted here except one or 2 that have been built with full error reporting on, i wont go on to mention which they are. Me and a few others were the coders that spent over a year re-writing all the old code to ensure it was php error free also Xhtml valid which is a piece of piss to do also many mods were completely sanitized, have a look you'll see i posted 90 % of them and that account was renamed to Tbdev2009 - So like i say i cannot agree with a word you say because you dont really know what your talking about in terms of Tbdevs history. Experienced coders will and can work with anything and produce the goods, those that cant will always try to point score and pick faults. Misleading well this could be very to newcomers.

Last edited by Bigjoos; 17th February 2012 at 15:47.
Old 17th February 2012, 16:33

Latvia
If you think it' s so great why do you even care what do i think of it ?
I'm not pushing anyone to use any source and not pushing anyone to not using any source personally i don' t care.

P.s. You' re community is well known to be offensive to newcomers and noobs.!!
Wan' t to argue about that ???

Old 17th February 2012, 16:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitFarmer View Post
If you think it' s so great why do you even care what do i think of it ?
I'm not pushing anyone to use any source and not pushing anyone to not using any source personally i don' t care.

P.s. You' re community is well known to be offensive to newcomers and noobs.!!
Wan' t to argue about that ???

Haha I guess you must be one of the people that say this dont work that dont work and expect it all done for you thats not what its all about and the only people that seem to get offended are the people that want to come along and strip all credits to the original authors of the mods/code
I will argue with you all day and night cos its my guess that you are one of them n00bs!!!
Old 17th February 2012, 17:03

Latvia
sorry wrong guess
i' m not member of tbdev and have never asked any support on any tbdev releated code
i say you' re community is being offensive baseing it on what i have heard
i have heard a lot about tbdev but noone has promoted it' s support yet
but i bet you will because you just have to convert me
like tbdev' s you' re god and i' m nonbeliver

btw you proved my point by saying i' m noob even without waiting for my response
Old 17th February 2012, 17:23

United Kingdom
Default lol
hang bags and ten paces:fans:

and no hitting below the belt

7.5 tsse
future tracker source & hosting, vps
trackers installs + Themes
http://www.foxyhosting.co.uk
http://www.downmy.top testing zone
offshore vps & cpanel hosting & Shoutcast & VPN
STOP cyberbullying
any setups tracker installs vps hosting vps setups themes mods hit me up
over the last three months ive become a snake breeder,pythons,hogs,boa,corn,rat,king,carpet and what joy it is

Old 17th February 2012, 17:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitFarmer View Post
sorry wrong guess
i' m not member of tbdev and have never asked any support on any tbdev releated code
i say you' re community is being offensive baseing it on what i have heard
i have heard a lot about tbdev but noone has promoted it' s support yet
but i bet you will because you just have to convert me
like tbdev' s you' re god and i' m nonbeliver

btw you proved my point by saying i' m noob even without waiting for my response

So making assumptions on what you have heard well as they say assumption is the mother of all fuck ups !!

so yeah I guess that was n00bish of you :)
Closed Thread

Tags
concept , proof