Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > ZenTracker
Old 19th September 2012, 14:33

Greece
Default Install guide?
I want to test this source but i cannot find an installation guide about web hosting...it has 2 installation guides about windows and ubuntu hosting [own pc hosting]...can anyone be specific abouy how someone install this source to a web host?
I created a database,linked to user imported everything from the zt.sql...Now,where do i uplad the files?everything in public_html or all in root and just web in public html?wich files do i have to modify so i link my database with the site?i have also a pmbt tracker but the installation guide was crystal clear...not truing to offend you, i believe your code is very promissing but an installation guide for everyone would be a key point of making more people interested...and make their effords of installing your code eassier...with regards Giorgatzelos...

Last edited by Giorgatzelos; 19th September 2012 at 15:04.
Old 19th September 2012, 17:54

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgatzelos View Post
I want to test this source but i cannot find an installation guide about web hosting...it has 2 installation guides about windows and ubuntu hosting [own pc hosting]...can anyone be specific abouy how someone install this source to a web host?
I created a database,linked to user imported everything from the zt.sql...Now,where do i uplad the files?everything in public_html or all in root and just web in public html?wich files do i have to modify so i link my database with the site?i have also a pmbt tracker but the installation guide was crystal clear...not truing to offend you, i believe your code is very promissing but an installation guide for everyone would be a key point of making more people interested...and make their effords of installing your code eassier...with regards Giorgatzelos...
Hi.

1. Download the lastest version here :
https://github.com/Optix/ZenTracker
(you've a ZIP download button near the project description).

2. Unzip on your computer

3. Upload everything in your FTP root folder.

4. The content of /web has to be readable by the webserver (not the rest, that's why we've uploaded directly in the ftp root). On a shared hosting, you can upload the /web content in your "public_html" or "www".

5. CHMOD 777 recursive on :
- /cache
- /data & /data/zen.sql
- /log
- /web/uploads (the "web" folder may change on a shared hosting).

6. Call the index.php and it should work without any database :)

Keep me informed of your progress ;)
The Following User Says Thank You to Optix For This Useful Post:
romano1 (11th January 2013)
Old 20th September 2012, 06:07

Greece
I tried https://github.com/Optix/ZenTracker and i did 1,2,3,4,5(was zen.db not zen.sql),6

Everything in root / folder and contents of web folder in public_html/

i call mysite/index.php and this is what i take

PHP Code:
Fatal errorUncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file' in /home/a3123427/apps/frontend/config/frontendConfiguration.class.php:34 Stack trace#0 /home/a3123427/apps/frontend/config/frontendConfiguration.class.php(34): PDO->__construct('sqlite:%sf_root...') #1 /home/a3123427/lib/symfony/lib/plugins/sfDoctrinePlugin/config/sfDoctrinePluginConfiguration.class.php(58): frontendConfiguration->configureDoctrine(Object(Doctrine_Manager)) #2 /home/a3123427/lib/symfony/lib/config/sfApplicationConfiguration.class.php(169): sfDoctrinePluginConfiguration->initialize() #3 /home/a3123427/lib/symfony/lib/config/sfApplicationConfiguration.class.php(150): sfApplicationConfiguration->initializePlugins() #4 /home/a3123427/lib/symfony/lib/config/sfApplicationConfiguration.class.php(51): sfApplicationConfiguration->initConfiguration() #5 /home/a3123427/lib/symfony/lib/config/sfProjectConfiguration.class.php(614): sfApplicationConfiguration->__construct('prod', true, '/home/a3123427', NU in /home/a3123427/apps/frontend/config/frontendConfiguration.class.php on line 34 

see left picture i took also...in right picture is the folder structure...i think i finally understood what you ment and it is all ok.
Attached Thumbnails
20-9-2012 09-04-44.jpg   20-9-2012 09-10-32.jpg  

Last edited by Giorgatzelos; 20th September 2012 at 08:15.
Old 20th September 2012, 14:04

Choose
free web hosting?
Old 20th September 2012, 15:42

Greece
Yes, that's right...
Old 20th September 2012, 17:11

France
For security purposes, ZenTracker can't run on a shared host which reads directly in the root folder (like 1&1).

Zen will work on a shared hosting which uses CPanel or Plesk for instance ;)
Old 20th September 2012, 17:15

Greece
Do you have any suggestions of a free host with these features?
Old 21st September 2012, 09:12

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgatzelos View Post
Do you have any suggestions of a free host with these features?
Get a server, free hosts suck's dead deer hairy balls.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajax For This Useful Post:
Optix (21st September 2012)
Old 22nd September 2012, 01:39

Greece
Whatever host and i tested CPanel or Plesk the same error occurs...do i have to do anything else?or it is a problem of this zip pack?all contents to / and web to public_html...am i missing something else than my mind?

PHP Code:
Fatal errorUncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file' in /home/u259877490/apps/frontend/config/frontendConfiguration.class.php:34 Stack trace#0 /home/u259877490/apps/frontend/config/frontendConfiguration.class.php(34): PDO->__construct('sqlite:%sf_root...') #1 /home/u259877490/lib/symfony/lib/plugins/sfDoctrinePlugin/config/sfDoctrinePluginConfiguration.class.php(58): frontendConfiguration->configureDoctrine(Object(Doctrine_Manager)) #2 /home/u259877490/lib/symfony/lib/config/sfApplicationConfiguration.class.php(169): sfDoctrinePluginConfiguration->initialize() #3 /home/u259877490/lib/symfony/lib/config/sfApplicationConfiguration.class.php(150): sfApplicationConfiguration->initializePlugins() #4 /home/u259877490/lib/symfony/lib/config/sfApplicationConfiguration.class.php(51): sfApplicationConfiguration->initConfiguration() #5 /home/u259877490/lib/symfony/lib/config/sfProjectConfiguration.class.php(614): sfApplicationConfiguration->__construct('prod', true, '/home in /home/u259877490/apps/frontend/config/frontendConfiguration.class.php on line 34 
Old 22nd September 2012, 09:10

France
What version of SQLite are you running on ?

Tags
guide , install