Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > P2P > News > Annoucements
Old 20th August 2010, 23:04
xxx

P2P
Default Lost database
As you might know we lost around 3 weeks of the forum database due to technical (and human) errors.
There are around 100 topics lost, some pretty important, so i hope at least those who postes themes will remake their topics.

From now on i want to be sure this thing never happens again so im looking into solutions!

I want a daily database backup and then i want it stored on another server.

A forum friend DrNet told me about a HostGator company that is doing just that https://www.siteautobackup.com but its kinda slow moving and i wonder if anyone knows a similar service around so i can have a choice!?

Thank You!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fynnon For This Useful Post:
VIPER790 (28th December 2021)
Old 27th August 2010, 12:58

P2P
I have find a php based sript that will do a DB backup and email it to you.

http://www.dwalker.co.uk/phpmysqlautobackup
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aleon For This Useful Post:
brain (22nd September 2010), Fynnon (22nd September 2010), VIPER790 (28th December 2021)
Old 13th March 2019, 11:46

Sri Lanka
Default Lost database
My web server was lost and I am now attempting to get our company website back up and running using the backups we do have. What I do have is all of the files that made up the site but what I do not have a backup of is the mysql config for the site.

Looking through some of the php files I can the database name and the user the pages are calling. What I am unable to find is a database file I could import or any documentation in the source files that include the original files from the webdevelopers.

How might I go about finding this information can anyone tell me where to look and secondly how I might go about finding what tables I need to make etc.

Bump:
The Following User Says Thank You to Henrysix For This Useful Post:
VIPER790 (28th December 2021)

Tags
database , lost