Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Template Shares
Old 1st December 2011, 16:30

P2P
Default Security Tips & Fixes
Hello, do you know or have any security tips or fixes for TSSE 5.6 nightcrawler?!

Any known SQL fixes?
Or some extra layer of protection?!
A firewall or something?!

Also any other tip, for how to secure my VPS
Old 1st December 2011, 19:14

P2P
Wink Yep yep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1 View Post
Hello, do you know or have any security tips or fixes for TSSE 5.6 nightcrawler?!

Any known SQL fixes?
Or some extra layer of protection?!
A firewall or something?!

Also any other tip, for how to secure my VPS
There are several fixes, first, go look through these forums and get the php firewall, add it according to the instructions for that thread, it will protect you from light ddos attacks and sql injections. Next Look for the thread to fix a bug in the db, has to do with the rules/faqs simple fix that will make the enttire code faster.
As far as your vps goes...don't use veeble, they are nonstop attacked by botnets and their customer service blows.
Tsse is pretty secure as it is and a couple simple fixes will make it tight. The best advice I can offer is if you have settled on the TSSE sourcecode then go through and read everything about it there is in these threads. Also look to make sure there is no backdoor, last time I went through the code there was still one left in there not sure where it was but I did post it in a thread, so again go through and learn all you can about the source your going to use, there has to be a reason why they keep all these old threads laying around here.
Do not limit yourself to just the nightcrawler version a lot of the fixes, mods, etc. from other releases will also apply to any version of TSSE.
Good luck and if you have any questions ask Joerobberts LOL
Last bit of advice even before you ask...change the bencode.php, takeupload.php with the one from the lateam version, this is covered in about 4 threads now, yet anytime anyone tries this for the first time they come right back and ask for help with this issue.
Old 1st December 2011, 23:25

P2P
Thanks for your anwser!
I just want to know if there is anything more I can do for extra protection generally!

Tags
fixes , security , tips