Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Template Shares
Old 1st June 2012, 12:29

P2P
Default Server change (TSSE 5.6 Heavy Modded)
Hi!

Im running for while source on my own computer and configured it with my friends and now we rented dedicated server! it has Debian installed!

So my question is how I transfer and install our configured source to new server without losing all settings and users etc. what we have done?

can someone tell this easy way so I don't screw up anything :D

Thanks for help all ready :)
Old 1st June 2012, 12:31

United Kingdom
Default hi
hi its not just so straight forward, first setup your dedi , next make your db same details as previous, then change your dns, then upload files then fix config then fix hash

7.5 tsse
future tracker source & hosting, vps
trackers installs + Themes
http://www.foxyhosting.co.uk
http://www.downmy.top testing zone
offshore vps & cpanel hosting & Shoutcast & VPN
STOP cyberbullying
any setups tracker installs vps hosting vps setups themes mods hit me up
over the last three months ive become a snake breeder,pythons,hogs,boa,corn,rat,king,carpet and what joy it is

Old 1st June 2012, 13:21

P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by x360zone View Post
hi its not just so straight forward, first setup your dedi , next make your db same details as previous, then change your dns, then upload files then fix config then fix hash
Thanks for help :)

I have one question.. what do you mean by fixing config and hash? All other I understand :P and I don't need to run installer again? just upload and make chmods etc :)
Old 1st June 2012, 13:36

United Kingdom
Default hi
if your not sure then i would advise making sure you back up before trying yourself
no you defo dont run the installer again fix hash and fix config if you dont know these then get someone to do it for you
you have to think what is your site worth and all contents

my last error good few years ago lost few thousand torrents my first newbie issue i messed up 4 thousand users you learn by your mistakes though haha

glad its 6 + years down the line

7.5 tsse
future tracker source & hosting, vps
trackers installs + Themes
http://www.foxyhosting.co.uk
http://www.downmy.top testing zone
offshore vps & cpanel hosting & Shoutcast & VPN
STOP cyberbullying
any setups tracker installs vps hosting vps setups themes mods hit me up
over the last three months ive become a snake breeder,pythons,hogs,boa,corn,rat,king,carpet and what joy it is

Old 1st June 2012, 14:17

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiz View Post
Hi!

Im running for while source on my own computer and configured it with my friends and now we rented dedicated server! it has Debian installed!

So my question is how I transfer and install our configured source to new server without losing all settings and users etc. what we have done?

can someone tell this easy way so I don't screw up anything :D

Thanks for help all ready :)

Oh wow, this is a large move then.

Basicly, if you have a freshly installed Debian server... You gotta make sure it has the components installed first. Apache? MySQL? PHP?
The easiest thing to do is to install a control panel for the server.
A GOOD and FREE controlpanel is "kloxo". It has all the things you need. Here are the installation instructions:
http://wiki.lxcenter.org/Kloxo+Installation+Guide

After it's installed, take a backup of your current database. The easiest thing to do is by going to the option "Export" in PhpMyAdmin. (A Database manager running on PHP)

After you've got your database .sql file... It's time to setup a new database in the freshly installed KLOXO panel. You can google those instructions, it's not that hard. (Kloxo has PhpMyAdmin, so you'll just go to the "Import" tab and import the .sql file.)

Now you've got to add your domain name to the server. You can google on how to add domains and how to make a DNStemplate for Kloxo.

Next thing to do is to upload ALL the files you've had on your computer to the server. Do this by going to "File Manager" inside Kloxo, and uploading the files to the right folder (The one binded to the domain you added earlier)

Last thing to do is to edit your config.php file to suit your new server!

WHDM.net | Coding, Design, Hosting and more (COMING SOON)

Tags
56 , change , heavy , modded , server , tsse