Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Active Trackers > NexusPHP
Old 27th May 2023, 20:30

Andorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgie View Post
i agree with you you do not need a shell install of a tracker at all some mothers do have em if you know what a mean
not the way to go i know my shell but ill not install a tracker by it from github Lol
well, nothing wrong with installing a script from GitHub but the method is not available for everyone i mean using shell.
Old 31st May 2023, 01:40
Coder

Default not really....
Quote:
Originally Posted by thartley55 View Post
Agreed.
These new tracker scripts are getting way too complicated...unit3d comes to mind. The upcoming n3xt is looking to be the same.
Hell, even the old gazelle was sort of a pain in the ass.
They say the new stuff is supposed to make it easy for a site owner to run a site, without much coding expertise. But just getting them installed requires having other requisite software installed...which is at time confusing.
Then you get the site set up...and it is boring, cracker-box...again unit3d comes to mind. And again, the upcoming n3xt is looking to be the same.
N3xt simply needs node js to run. That is it. Then the install is the most simple out there for any code so far. N3xt is being developed more and more each day and has no need to ever edit hard code, which can't be said for any other code out there right now. The only code that came close ( of course this is many years ago before it was run in to the ground) was xbtit FM. That was the only other code built for not needing a coder to run and edit your site, but that code is trash for bigger sites. The querys hit for loading simple pages are in the HUNDREDS and load times are stupid, even with great servers once your tracker gets to a size from torrents and users. Due to lack of optimizations, passwords are not secure, the messaging service it uses wont work with half the email domains, loads of things are broken, or if used will break other parts of the site running them. the hack list is a mess, half do nothing at this point... but what do you expect with somone like cobra running it? A greedy liar that cares only about how much money he can squeeze out of his few users. That code has been passed around like the village bicycle.

With N3XT, half the current features have never been on a code before, and can be fully controlled in the UI. So not sure what more you can want to not be "cracker jack", loads of new features never seen before, no need to edit any hard code, full control of everything on the site as simple as can be without dumbing down the sites running it. The simple things like torrent searching and the Change Announce Url in the upload has been done different vs any other code out there. This code changed the way the most simple things have been done as many thing are almost copy paste between all codes. N3XT went in a different direction. Things done there were done in a different, more efficent way, and all thoes small things add up in the end so that your site can run faster and more efficent on less hardware, better. I guess the question is what more do you need? I think that it is hard to judge something that has not even been released yet in my opinion, but everyone has their own opinion. I just think judging something not finshed might be a bit harsh, seeeing as every day new feaatures are being implemented for the inital release and that there are over a dozen more ready for the early updates along with any bugs and fixes that are found at that point. Many people want to help the code out and are having their voices heard, posting bug fixes and comments with thoes that have been taken to heart and changes have been made from thoes.

Something else focused on, are features that will not only make things nicer for the users, but will improve the quality of life for the tracker itself. This has been lost in the recent years. people care about how things look, not about how the features HELP the trackers overall life and quality of itself. being usefull and efficent has been lost and it is time for a code to finally revisit this. So while Unit3d needs loads of code editing to change and set up your tracker... N3xt needs nothing like that to control every bit of the code and the site that is running on it. It has features you have never seen before that will make the user experence so much better, and the trackers experence and health as well, so much better. Maybe look in to whats going on in the back end. the demo has everything that can be used, in use. but you can take things away to be more "basic" but your post kinda goes in both directions. The code is to complicated. but then you say its to basic and cracker jack box. and that because you need Node Js on your server, that makes it to hard to run for people with no coding know how. i guess something can be to complicated, to simple and to boring. Maybe you need to be able too actually ask questions and use it from a staff or owner POV before making claims like this? Having ALL the info and then making statements like this is one thing, but only looking at the demo, and then making all the judgemments from that , isn't the proper way to make an educated decision in my opinion. but again, to each their own.
Old 31st May 2023, 16:01

United Kingdom
where abouts is N3xt being developed do they have their own site or anything
Old 31st May 2023, 17:28
Administrator

P2P
attention

Attention

Keep On Topic NexusPHP v1.8.0

Thank you............
Old 31st May 2023, 18:11
Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by papad View Post
attention

Attention

Keep On Topic NexusPHP v1.8.0

Thank you............

sorry my bad, I have requested a sub be made for N3XT to have this conversation in. I will watch next time to not stray from the OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to Projectzomb For This Useful Post:
papad (31st May 2023)