Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Template Shares
Old 15th February 2010, 13:29

P2P
Default BBCODE Issue TSSE 5.6
Hey!

Everytime I for example use the [list]
  • Hello
-bbcode command the server hangs up and never stops loading. I firstly noticed this in the default rules.php (along with default SQL values) but then also tried to make a post in the forums with the same [list] bbcode command. Same thing happened, server starts loading and does not respond. Of course when i remove the [list] manually from the SQL-db the forum post or whatever it is starts working again.

So obviously there's something wrong with the bbcode "system" here. Anyone who knows how to fix this? Or maybe could point me in the right direction?

And yes, I have noticed some people had the same problem as me, but the they were only advised to simply not use those bbcode commands. But that is not a fix, it's more of a workaround.

Best Regards
Hero34
Old 15th February 2010, 13:56

United Kingdom
This also happens in the Licensed version of v.5.6 and unless you're Xam, it will be hard to fix... I don't think there is much you can do except don't use those tags. When I had a Licensed version of 5.6, Xam simply ignored the issue.

Last edited by Daz; 22nd February 2010 at 02:16. Reason: removed legal, its not illegal to use :)
Old 15th February 2010, 15:08

P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz View Post
This also happens in the legal version of v.5.6 and unless you're Xam, it will be hard to fix... I don't think there is much you can do except don't use those tags. When I had Legal version of 5.6, Xam simply ignored the issue.
Hmm that doesn't sound good

Well there must be some way to fix this, maybe simply integrating a new bbcode system or maybe disabling the current one totally and use html tags?

Or maybe look at releases after 5.6 and see how xam fixed it. But then again there are no newer nulled releases than 5.6 =/

Well before I start looking at new bbcode systems ill wait and see if someone knows how to fix the current one.
Old 15th February 2010, 15:42
VIP

United Kingdom
It wouldn't be very wise the allow html tags...

Try borrowing one from another source
Old 15th February 2010, 19:11

P2P
the only bbcode tags that dont work in 5.6 is the "ordered list tag" causing a white page but i will take a look and fix this and post it when i get the time :)
Old 16th February 2010, 00:55

P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
the only bbcode tags that dont work in 5.6 is the "ordered list tag" causing a white page but i will take a look and fix this and post it when i get the time :)
Ah okay, I actually didn't test all bbcode tags, I just presumed the other ones didn't work either.

Please let us know when you're done! :-)

Thank you

Tags
56 , bbcode , issue , tsse