Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > P2P > Forum > Community Cafe
View Poll Results: File sharing sites - a threat for torrents trackers?
Yes, you don`t need to seed on rapidshare 41 33.06%
No, trackers are still more reliable 75 60.48%
I buy movies (aka n0ob) 8 6.45%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20th August 2011, 18:23
xxx

P2P
Default File sharing sites - a threat for torrents trackers ?
i see the sharing sites as a thread for tracker torrents, too many forums like x264-bb.com
can`t say if this will last but today there are many forums where you can find links for BLURAY rips on sharing files sites like rapidshare, filesonic, megaupload, etc

the great speed and the fact you do not need to seed make this sites a great alternative
you got the bluray forums for movies and the warez sites for latest software realeases so do we still nee torrents?

P.S. even the Pirate Bay guys started a file sharing service: http://bayfiles.com
Old 13th September 2011, 11:15

France
I don't think it's a threat, but an opportunity.

I've added MegaUpload support to my platform which has the same impact on the ratio than a BitTorrent transfer and it's works perfectly !
It gives the choice to the uploader, a way of more freedom and more content for users ;)
Old 16th November 2011, 00:37
xxx

P2P
lately i use a lot JDownloader to download from rapidshare and i find it great
http://www.jdownloader.org/home?lng=en

it is a good idea to integrate in trackers some kind of bulk download engine for files from filesharing sites
cloud storage sites are more every day and they offer nice price for storage space so it is a matter of time untill they will steal torrents clients

so the solution is integration
Old 15th December 2011, 03:59

Sweden
After I got kicked out from Blackcats-games, I've been using Rapidshare's Premium services, and OH BOY, holy hell I love it <3 I can get speeds to up to 12,5MB/s on files. It's fucking incredible! Hehe
However I don't see Rapidshare as a threat against trackers, aslong as there are private trackers that makes people seed, there's no problem :)

But as i said, i only use RS for Games. Everything else I take from private trackers, like:
Movies = HDBits.org
Music = What.cd
Apps = What.cd/Demonoid.

WHDM.net | Coding, Design, Hosting and more (COMING SOON)
Old 27th December 2011, 15:25

France
After a time of reflexion, I think that the BitTorrent protocol is going to die in a far future and other protocols are going to die also.

HTML5 is bringing a new response to our way to transfer and handle data. For instance, a new P2P protocol based on HTTP. It brings some pros :
- Easy to use : no additional software, just a web browser is needed (in extension, can be native in Windows 8 as a Metro app)
- Performances : less network overhead, more bandwidth and firewall-friendly
- Flexible : download resume, sending stats is easier, etc
- Security : able to check a SSL certificate to garantee the peer integrity

I'm learning and working on it for my CMS. I know that these technical specs allow the HTTP-P2P to blow out BT ^^
Old 27th December 2011, 23:35

P2P
Talking Change is coming...
First let me explain, I been at this a very very long time, I started back in the old bbs days when file sharing was still a major feat to accomplish for even the simplest file, watched it grow into warez ftp and still to me it is the best fastest way to share files. I watched the trackers come and go, I watched as Gary Fung and the others at isohunt run in the night to avoid the authorities, I have seen and been staff at sites that got raided. I have seen extraordinary effort put in by so many to make sure that the goal of freedom to share has been defeated, bought and paid for with so much cash, time, people, and server space.
I have seen publics fall, I have seen people with a religious obsession about certain sites panic has their owner and coder got hauled to jail. But through it all the people still find a way to share. I have seen great coders, owners, uploaders. I have see4n it all over the 20 plus years I been in this. And I know that the people will always share. It may not be bit torrent for long but as soon as there is a better way then it will happen.
As far as the ass clowns at the download sites understadn that they are not producing, they are not taking care of sources, they are only in it for the money, and the money can only come from advertising then the people will see what they really value and turn their backs on them. You see we can belong to ABC tracker because those people over at xyz tracker are friggin idiots, but we all know that its a part of a larger brotherhood of those that share, thats what we do here, we all share so that we can ensure that sharing will go on, those that develop code platforms and those that theme, those that create great sites and those that work forever on a small section of code to make it just right, all are here to make sure that what our parents taught us, "To share with others" will always be there.
Bit torrent has had a great run, but with the crackdown on sites, both public and private the day is coming when a new technology will have to be invented to insure that we will still beat "them" and that sharing will continue. Over the years I have met so many great people through this, we were not limited by governments, borders, money, laws. It was decided a long time ago, sharing would always be without limits.
Do I know what the next big thing will be? No I don't, nzb looked promising but never caught on, is it a step backwards to ftp, and direct downloads? I don't think so, then your putting all the pressure (legal and otherwise) on whoever uploads the file. But what ever it is....I am proud to be associated with a group of pirates that are here at bvlist to make sure that the owners, uploaders, forum whores, and the person that just now discovered they can get that movie through bit torrent, will survive, and when the new next best thing comes along, I know I will see most of you on the other side!
Old 2nd January 2012, 05:17

India
Smile p2p share the best
i like to use torrent for all because it gives data continuity after a restart :-)
Old 25th January 2012, 01:27
xxx

P2P
since the american prosecutors and their servants around the world are closing files sharing sites the torrents still rule
megaupload is gone, filesonic is closed and other are in the line: FileServe, FileJungle, UploadStation, Uploaded, FilePost, 4shared, MediaFire

better wait sometime before buying a new account somewhere...

Old 25th January 2012, 20:48

Micronesia, Federated States of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynnon View Post
since the american prosecutors and their servants around the world are closing files sharing sites the torrents still rule
megaupload is gone, filesonic is closed and other are in the line: FileServe, FileJungle, UploadStation, Uploaded, FilePost, 4shared, MediaFire

better wait sometime before buying a new account somewhere...

im starting to dislike america by the day, they are going crazy over the situation, i wonder if sendspace will go aswell, people need to stand up for there rights ;)
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:58

P2P
Wink
Quote:
im starting to dislike america by the day, they are going crazy over the situation,
Its sad for us that live in America, the things that we have to go through to be a part of this world, gladly some changes behind the scenes are working and working well, for example we see more and more server companies offering "offshore" servers knowing that this is a huge part of their business and some other things are developing towards that end.
The recent and forever fight with The Pirate Bay seems to show that no matter what these feeble corporation backed government agencies do the people are always able to find a work around for it. It does force us into some strange areas, but then again a good challenge is what has brought this file sharing to the place it is today. A place where a 5 year old code will be pulled apart, so better more secure codes have been made, a place where offshore server in p2p friendly countries will see our money while those that tow the government line will die.
I suspect that if either of the bills for isp control over our access passes that we will also see a way to have an offshore isp. I have friends that own server companies overseas in countries that the government does not get along with the government of the U.S. and they have no problem hosting anything and do not live in fear of hollywood, etc.
My man Optix with his new code is exciting to watch it grow and Joeroberts with the PMBT developing, alone with the endless hours of developing by so many on the other sources is an inspiration to where this is headed, so to all well done! My thoughts on some of the file sharing sites are rooted back to when I was creating scene releases of Windows XP and they would download them and then up load to their sites and actually charge their little followers to download what I meant to be free, so excuse me if I don't cry a river over the loss of those bandits, because we are pirates...not bandits! They made enough money over the years to avoid their current situation, but instead they operated under the idea that they were to big to strong to be taken down...hows that working out for you now?

Tags
file , sharing , sites , threat , torrent , torrents , tracker , trackers