Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Project U-232
Old 22nd October 2013, 13:22

United Kingdom
Default A little help at installing
I've bought a VPS and a domain name to start a torrent tracker for some friends. I have uploaded U-232 and followed step by step the installation instructions but after I filled all the information needed in the installation procces, I get this error:
Code:
Cant select database
Can someone help me?

I attached a printscreen.
Attached Thumbnails
da da da.jpg  
Old 27th October 2013, 21:45
Elite

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooM View Post
I've bought a VPS and a domain name to start a torrent tracker for some friends. I have uploaded U-232 and followed step by step the installation instructions but after I filled all the information needed in the installation procces, I get this error:
Code:
Cant select database
Can someone help me?

what version of u-232 have you got??
Old 28th October 2013, 00:02

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooM View Post
Code:
Cant select database
Can someone help me?

Have you created a database yet? Also have you filled in the correct information for your database such as username, password, name of database?

Also I don't believe you can run memcached on a vps so you will not be able to install V1-V3 of U232.

Last edited by KrackerMan; 28th October 2013 at 00:06. Reason: Adding more info
Old 28th October 2013, 00:50
VIP

well, if he has command terminal su axx maybe he can install memcache with no problem.
but if the VPS is shared, so only ftp&cpanel axx, then you've got some problems.
Old 28th October 2013, 01:29
Elite

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrackerMan View Post
Have you created a database yet? Also have you filled in the correct information for your database such as username, password, name of database?

Also I don't believe you can run memcached on a vps so you will not be able to install V1-V3 of U232.
You can run Memcached on a VPS, i got it running on two VPS's :)
Old 29th October 2013, 17:46

United Kingdom
Default Re
Trust me guys, memcached is installed correctly. Same thing about MySQL. I have created the database and filled the infos correctly. I think the problem is somewhere between the connection u232 <-> mysql server. Can this be a problem?

BTW, Gazelle works fine!
Old 29th October 2013, 17:55
VIP

edit the files yourself and don't use the installer :)
pretty simple solution
Old 30th October 2013, 15:46

United Kingdom
I'll start all over again 'till it works! Thanks for your help and your time guys!
Old 30th October 2013, 21:31
VIP

if the problem is serverside, starting again won't help
did you chmod 777 the install directory ? + files inside?
Old 31st October 2013, 14:50
U-232 Dev

United Kingdom
U-232 V3 is a 5 minute to install and run source code, if not then you have missing dependences or your server is mis configured to take that source. Now the only possible way it can't select the database is possibly your installing on a windows server and you have not edited install/functions/database.php

PHP Code:
function db_insert()
{
    global 
$root$INSTALLER09;

$out '<fieldset><legend>Database</legend>';
    require_once (
$root.'include/config.php');

$q sprintf('/usr/bin/mysql -h %s -u %s -p%s %s < %sinstall/extra/install.sql'$INSTALLER09['mysql_host'], $INSTALLER09['mysql_user'], $INSTALLER09['mysql_pass'], $INSTALLER09['mysql_db'], $root); //== Linux
    //$q = sprintf('c:\AppServ\MySQL\bin\mysql -h %s -u %s -p%s %s < %sinstall/extra/install.sql',$INSTALLER09['mysql_host'],$INSTALLER09['mysql_user'],$INSTALLER09['mysql_pass'],$INSTALLER09['mysql_db'],$root);  //== Win - remember to set your path up correctly - atm its set for appserv

exec($q$o);
    if (!
count($o)) {

$out.= '<div class="readable">Database was imported</div><div class="info" style="text-align:center"><input type="button" value="Finish" onclick="window.location.href=\'?step=3\'"/></div>';

file_put_contents('step2.lock'1);
    } else 
$out.= '<div class="notreadable">There was an error while importing the database<br/>'.$o.'</div>';

$out.= '</fieldset>';
    print (
$out);

Its clearly commented for that, it could be exec function is disabled on the server, looking at error logs helps in these matters, knowing your hardware well helps a lot as well, just slow down and look at what your trying to do first, list here what errors you get and you'll get answers, but I can assure you its not the code, its the server that has the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigjoos For This Useful Post:
DooM (26th November 2013)

Tags
installing