View Single Post
Old 12th October 2010, 19:03
TBDev BANNED Warrior

P2P
whois to say it ain't gonna die? :unknown: the admin hasn't been seen for many months, the donations thread that is stated as being for server costs has unanswered/unverified donation posts for many months, the sourcecode remains insecure and unpatched for known security fixes since noone else has access to it.

The My Tracker section was totally removed by the admin before he left, with little warning.
He said he had intentions to remove other old 'useless' legacy threads... so even if site server doesn't die and the db isn't left to him alone, i think for posterity sake alone would be great to save all the useful old posts and threads.

Just as his actions said the sourcecode was his alone to manage and control (http://www.tbdev.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=164935) he has made it also known that he feels that all posts and content posted to tbdev.net is the property of tbdev.net and the authors and a privilege and not a right.

I have almost 2000 posts there and i give anyone permission to archive them anywhere they so wish, just as long this is done with integrity and is ethical.
example: leaving any credits in place, not taking credit for others work/posts. links back to original forums/threads

Anyone is also free to edit any mods i have made any way they so wish and use it for whatever purpose they so wish as long as it remains licensed as gpl and any credits remain in the code/posts if it is to be shared with others.

It is fact that the admin does indeed 'own' all the content at tbdev as he is the one who has the sql database backups, but the content found on the site itself is also the intellectual property of the authors and also falls under gpl licensing very easily as the sourcecode thats the modifications are based off of is gpl. (which basically means that anyone can use, modify, share and re-distribute the code)

I'm not on KiDs new site but i respect him trying to save something that can quite possibly be lost. I am banned from tbdev.net and have no access to any of my posts or threads so feel free to archive anything i've posted with my total permissions.
tbdev.nets forums (IPB) has option to save entire threads as html as well. :)

*note: there are many posts at tbdev that are from tbsource site so they have done the same thing, archive other forums posts before it died.

thanks

=]

Last edited by pdq; 12th October 2010 at 19:43.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pdq For This Useful Post:
daffy (12th October 2010), hoysey (7th April 2011)