Thread: Install guide?
View Single Post
Old 19th September 2012, 17:54

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgatzelos View Post
I want to test this source but i cannot find an installation guide about web hosting...it has 2 installation guides about windows and ubuntu hosting [own pc hosting]...can anyone be specific abouy how someone install this source to a web host?
I created a database,linked to user imported everything from the zt.sql...Now,where do i uplad the files?everything in public_html or all in root and just web in public html?wich files do i have to modify so i link my database with the site?i have also a pmbt tracker but the installation guide was crystal clear...not truing to offend you, i believe your code is very promissing but an installation guide for everyone would be a key point of making more people interested...and make their effords of installing your code eassier...with regards Giorgatzelos...
Hi.

1. Download the lastest version here :
https://github.com/Optix/ZenTracker
(you've a ZIP download button near the project description).

2. Unzip on your computer

3. Upload everything in your FTP root folder.

4. The content of /web has to be readable by the webserver (not the rest, that's why we've uploaded directly in the ftp root). On a shared hosting, you can upload the /web content in your "public_html" or "www".

5. CHMOD 777 recursive on :
- /cache
- /data & /data/zen.sql
- /log
- /web/uploads (the "web" folder may change on a shared hosting).

6. Call the index.php and it should work without any database :)

Keep me informed of your progress ;)
The Following User Says Thank You to Optix For This Useful Post:
romano1 (11th January 2013)