Thread: New Source
View Single Post
Old 18th June 2020, 21:36
Administrator

United States
Default New Source
I have my own tracker source code(Pu-239) that I no longer develop.

I am curious to know how much interest there is, in this community, for an entirely new tracker source code. I code designed by the group.

This code could be anything, everything or nothing or nothing at all, depending on the groups choices.

I have been working with XBT and Radiance for the past several months and would like to incorporate that into a new source. Also, a php tracker that is almost entirely in memory, meaning most queries would be to redis/memcached/apcu with mysql as the long term storage. Changing to any of these trackers should be as simple as changing a config setting and it just works. So the sql tables should be consistent for all trackers without duplication of code. This last bit was the last thing I was working on in Pu-239 before I stopped developing it.

I envision a small group of developers and testers as the core decision makers. We would need developers with some knowledge of php, javascript, mysql, redis, c++, go or git. You do not need to be an expert in anything, just a willingness to learn.

The group would vote in the lead developer and that member would assign each member a task and a deadline. It would be each members responsibility to prepare that task, even if some reading and learning is required. In this way, every member would be actively participating and their abilities may increase.

The tasks would come from the ideas voted on from the group. The final product should be what the group has considered worthy of including.

You should come with an open mind and the willingness to do what is needed.

Please reply here or PM if you are interested.

Bump: To expand on this further.

I think the base code would have only the basic necessities and everything else would be added through a plugin system. Some of the plugins would be provided by the core development team and some by other developers.

I can see a marketplace for all sorts of plugins: themes, templates, translations, mods, etc.

If you are tired of the same old source code with the same old support system, then consider joining what could be a exciting ride.

Or, maybe I am just being overly optimistic that anyone really cares?

Last edited by darkalchemy; 19th June 2020 at 19:41.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to darkalchemy For This Useful Post:
Marco (4th August 2020), papad (19th June 2020), romano1 (19th June 2020), Tedmorris (22nd June 2020), Thor (19th June 2020)