View Single Post
Old 15th August 2020, 03:18

Default Understanding XBT
Hey all,

I'm just a hobbyist who has been developing my own torrent site front-end for the last few months for fun. I started with a public tracker to make it easier and I'm now upgrading to a private tracker, for now I've picked XBT.

I've got XBT working in private mode while connected to my project DB. However, I have two subjects I could use some advise on from you seasoned pros out there.

1) I would like to understand the use case/purpose of torrent_pass vs torrent_pass_version in the xbt_user table. The ref. I found says torrent_pass is deprecated yet the XBT version I got from github appears to require it and torrent_pass_version. The ref also states something about the pass changing on each download, yet when I examine private sites using XBT my pass appears the same on all my downloads, plz explain?

2) I'd like to get the cool little favicon working on my tracker URL. I found I github ref. on what code to add for XBT to serve a favicon and it works when I visit my tracker with a browser, yet when I add my tracker to my rTorrent powered seedbox it shows a blank square . Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your time.