View Single Post
Old 15th December 2011, 11:58

P2P
Exclamation Scammed by TemplateShares (TSSE/TSUE)
Folks, I'm here to tell you a "story" about my "great experience" with TSSE aka Xamus the Great.

We're using TS SE for ~7-8 months and we had no big issues. Except the fact that the tracker suddenly stopped allowing user registration/login, which you know...it's "not" a big problem (I solved this by myself, it was a bug).

Support was superb. I never requested anything/sent any message, so as long as you don't need anything from them...they are great! :)

First things first, if you wanna buy a TemplateShares product (TSSE or TSUE) you need to know that these guys don't offer you any kind of invoice for the money you pay them. You just receive a bunch of emails, but nothing regarding any company, fiscal code, etc (like on any real invoice).

A couple of weeks ago we've noticed that they launched TSUE. Happy happy, joy joy. Everybody thought that this would be a 2011-2012 upgrade for TSSE. So we've paid them 50-60 bucks for the (let me quote from the TSSE website) "TS SE v7.2 Upgrade License (Ex-Vips Only)". It's a small sum but...still...it's money.

After paying we were informed that...we'll receive nothing. Really. Nothing at all. We'll receive faster replies on our messages to xam and a shiny green "VIP" badge. Horraaaay!

I was "WTF?!, I've paid you 60 bucks to receive a reply from you (the Three of Life)?! You have a forum where people answer for free in a matter of minutes!".

So I've asked for my money back. He refused. Let me emphasize the fact that we *never* sent them any support request, so we really never used their services. The refund was asked after ~1-2 days after payment, so it was a matter of hours not weeks.

Next, I've opened a PayPal claim. He sent me a PM (wow, fast "support" when money talks!) *threatening* that if we'll not cancel the PayPal claim he'll terminate our license/website. I was "WTF2?! I paid you ~100 bucks 7 months ago and you're saying that you'll block our website?! Is that really in your TOS?!!!".

In the end, after exchanging some messages via PayPal/PM, I got disgusted/bored. I have to many things to do in this life and I cared about our users, so I canceled the claim.

The funny ending is that after all this mess I said "oh well, if I've paid for some dude to reply me, let's make him reply!". So we've started "renovating" our tracker. I wanted to export all the users from our tracker, install a shiny new TSSE, than import only the users from the old DB. Obviously I know how to do that, but for the sake of using the services we've paid for...I've sent them a "ticket". Guess what? I was asked for ANOTHER 60 bucks as an "installation fee". Now...what was that VIP payment for? Support? What support?! He should only reply me "select the users db in your phpmyadmin and export them". So I have no idea what "support" is this guy offering, because from what I can see he's asking extra money for ANYTHING.

A a conclusion:

1) Mr. Xam (dude, you should at least use a f*ing name when you're selling a product/offering support) please accept my sincere "f* *u" wishes and I hope your business will fail asap.

2) I would like to move from TS (SE/UE) to another script, but without loosing the users/trackers. I'm willing to pay somebody for this export/import, I have a very busy life. What would be the best alternative?

Cheers!