View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:32

P2P
Default back in the dark ages...
I started back when there was no torrenting or trackers, it was all done through ftp or bbs, The only "scene" group was the russian group DOD, "Drink Or Die" before they started getting busted and ran off to other countries. I was an upload courior for a ftp group back in the day. I downloaded my first file to do some programing (GW BASIC) from a bbs operator that was a designer for disney world, his searchlight bbs was so sharp considering you could only use ASCII code then. I was staff at funfiles, I have owned a couple sites, I been staff at a couple sites that even got busted. I have been part of sites where we had over 120,000 users, and have met some amazing coders, and staff along the way. I have met some really great coders here, most are in hiding now to escape the n00b apocalypse, but its nice to see them poke their head out once in a while. I first got into torrents with a Bulgarian site owner with a hardon for America TV shows, really nice guy, we had a staff that went on to be staff at demonoid, and we all left when the owner got his door kicked in and computer taken by whatever they have for police over there. I was a mod, admin and sysop there. After that I went to funfiles where I was asked to be staff, I spent 2 days as a admin then made a sysop there in funfile's hey day. Met and worked with two of the best coders I ever saw there, Ghostdancer was the supreme coder, nothing he couldn't do on a site or a server. ANd he was the one that inspired me to learn to code.