View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:58

P2P
Wink
Quote:
im starting to dislike america by the day, they are going crazy over the situation,
Its sad for us that live in America, the things that we have to go through to be a part of this world, gladly some changes behind the scenes are working and working well, for example we see more and more server companies offering "offshore" servers knowing that this is a huge part of their business and some other things are developing towards that end.
The recent and forever fight with The Pirate Bay seems to show that no matter what these feeble corporation backed government agencies do the people are always able to find a work around for it. It does force us into some strange areas, but then again a good challenge is what has brought this file sharing to the place it is today. A place where a 5 year old code will be pulled apart, so better more secure codes have been made, a place where offshore server in p2p friendly countries will see our money while those that tow the government line will die.
I suspect that if either of the bills for isp control over our access passes that we will also see a way to have an offshore isp. I have friends that own server companies overseas in countries that the government does not get along with the government of the U.S. and they have no problem hosting anything and do not live in fear of hollywood, etc.
My man Optix with his new code is exciting to watch it grow and Joeroberts with the PMBT developing, alone with the endless hours of developing by so many on the other sources is an inspiration to where this is headed, so to all well done! My thoughts on some of the file sharing sites are rooted back to when I was creating scene releases of Windows XP and they would download them and then up load to their sites and actually charge their little followers to download what I meant to be free, so excuse me if I don't cry a river over the loss of those bandits, because we are pirates...not bandits! They made enough money over the years to avoid their current situation, but instead they operated under the idea that they were to big to strong to be taken down...hows that working out for you now?