View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2008, 21:58
BrightSwitch Project Developer

Canada
Default BrightSwitch Project
Hey all,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that there is a new tracker being actively developed over at /trunk ? BrightSwitch - Trac

I've currently not come up with a name for the project, I was going by iTracker but that's just way to common of the name. Anyways this tracker is developed in PHP using PHP5 and is a very OOP based tracker, with lots of room to expand, it's well documented and is build using a very strict MCV design pattern.

Also this tracker has a fresh web 2.0ish style about it and is very easy to theme (thanks to the MVC design). While is not released to the public yet there are seenshots and even a screencast available for userse to view, I will be opening up a playgound soon for people to get a feel for the tracker and for me to hopefully get some feedback.

Hope to see you there.

Note: We are currently looking for another developer or two to help with progress on this tracker.
If you are interested please contact tk on the forums located at http://binslashbash.org

Thanks.

Beta v1.0 revision 32
--------------------------------------

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE! READ THIS!

Know that this software is VERY EARLY BETA!

I 100% guarantee that some things will not work.
As of right now I don't want bug reports, or people telling me this is not work etc...
I am WELL AWARE of what's working and what's not.

--------------

Now with that out of the way the real reason I've released this is because I know people
are chomping at the bit to see this software, it's being worked on almost every day,
but keep in mind this is a project I do FREE and IN MY SPARE TIME! What does that mean?
It means things are going to move super fast, also I'm currently the ONLY developer
on this project.

--------------

Below are some rough (ok very rough) installation notes as the software installer is not yet built.

1) Create a mysql database

2) Look in the mysql/ directory of the version you just checked out

3) Dump (or upload) that .sql file to your created database
(mysql -u username -p -D database_name < file_name.sql)

4) Edit the following files:
./alpha/BrightSwitch/application/config/config.php
./alpha/BrightSwitch/application/config/database.php

5) Go to: http://www.yoursite.com/ and login. (Username: admin Password: brightadmin)

6) Enter the "Administration Panel" and click "User Manager"

7) Find the admin user and click on "Edit User" once there change the password!

That should be all
Attached Files
File Type: rar BrightSwitchProjectBetav1.0r32.rar (1.34 MB, 330 views)
File Type: rar BrightSwitch_by_XUZO_rev18.rar (2.08 MB, 251 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jnewing For This Useful Post:
Ashur (7th December 2008), Fynnon (24th September 2009), hutinka (23rd August 2011)