Thread: FX Tracker
View Single Post
Old 20th August 2009, 23:30

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur View Post
most of the TBdev codes are junk
I very rarely use other peoples code, I tend to use the underlying idea and then write a hack from scratch.

Quote:
are you actually going to make it a proper code allowing unicode both front side and database side?
The plan is to have an installer so you'll be able to set the database collation at install time, you'll also be able to set the page encoding type so hopefully this should be sufficient for proper display of characters.

Quote:
also are you going to allow rtl so languages as Hebrew, Arabic,..etc can have right to left support without distortion of function or appearance?
RTL should be doable, yes.

Quote:
are you going to make it bridgeable to popular CMS & forums?
It's not exactly been considered yet but I do have experience with forum bridging so it's definitely a future possiblilty.

Bump: OK this is going to be a tougher project than I imagined, before I can start adding features to the tracker I think it would be wise to give the initial codebase a complete overhaul.

Currently all the files have hard coded English language and html in the php code so I intend to split this into 3 elements (php, tpl and language).

All of the hard coded English will be split out into English Language files which will make it easier for translations to be made in the future.

All of the html will be split out of the files leaving only pure php, I'll be using the Smarty Template System for this. In doing this it should make the tracker easily skinable rather than the very limited changes you can make with just the css file currently.

I have a lot of files to edit so I probably won't be committing anything for a while but I am working on it. I'll post an update ASAP.