View Single Post
Old 24th October 2008, 20:03
xxx

P2P
Default Bravo List Story !
attention

Attention

Our goal is to spread the P2P "virus" !

I was thinking of writing this forums story, where it comes from and where it goes!

A few years ago there was a big tracker called torrents.ro that became a forum after some problems they had inside the tracker team.
On this forum people that used to visit the tracker came back and formed a community and by other things they were also talking about torrents and trackers.

Many young people that came from DC++ or just people new to torrents wanted to learn more about torrents and trackers and some even wanted to start a tracker of their own

This guys were asking questions about how a tracker works, how do you install it...etc
There were not many people in the forum wanting to help those begginers and many just wanted to make fun of
them.

Then i tried installing a tracker for myself for the first time (on my pc with XAMPP) and when i saw it`s not so hard
i made a tutorial about tracker installing on a pc...many people responded to that topic wanting to know more!

In the meanwhile tbdev.net stopped supporting any other source other than tbdev so many people that wanted to use other sources felt dissapointed but had no real alternative to tbdev.net (i was one of them)

This things made me thinking of building a forum where people that want to build their own tracker, coders and tracker owners could gather and share ideas and resources .

We started with about 2-3 users on a netmaniack source forum (no torrents in that tracker we were just using its forum) on a free domain, then got the phpBB3 forum and soon bvlist.com domain name ("list" because i wanted a trackers list of all trackers out there)

After about 6 months of phpBB3 we moved to vBulletin thanks to a good friend of ours (which name i can`t disclosure) and here we are...

It`s not easy to run a forum so i tried to get some of our talented members to help me, everybody is doing a great job and we are looking forward to new chalenges and development of this forum !

10x

We`ve started like this:

Click the image to open in full size.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fynnon For This Useful Post:
Daz (12th January 2010), DrNet (9th November 2008), Ginno (16th January 2009), irfan (3rd January 2010), Kotafi (24th October 2008), meetted (2nd November 2008), sammygo (22nd November 2008), VIPER790 (28th December 2021)