Bravo List

Bravo List (http://www.bvlist.com/index.php)
-   Community Cafe (http://www.bvlist.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   some advice please (http://www.bvlist.com/showthread.php?t=4275)

xZEDx 17th January 2010 19:24

some advice please

hey guys i need some help/Advice.... I know which route i'm going to take...

Xbtit + XBT as frontend And tracker...

now my question is...?! What type of server hardware + bandwidth is required to run the site & tracker efficiently..

how much traffic can an average bit-torrent site generate?... P/M 1-5TB, 10TB, 20TB. or more....

Would it be a +side to have the 1Gbps option as opposed to the 100Mbs connection to the site... i'm guessing in the start it would be fine with a 100Mbs?...

One more thing where should i be looking to locate my host company?... (which county?)

Lastly this is my first Project of this nature... so i am a Noob lol... But i've decided to go ahead with this new hobby, Now i have a budget of

Fynnon 17th January 2010 19:43

My advice is that you get a VPS for 3 months (max 6) and try...you need to invest in advertising besides some tracker coding and skining

Getting those over 10.000 people inside is the hardest part...

I hear Spain is a good location for trackers these days

Why xBTiT ?

movizdb 17th January 2010 20:04

As you have an good budget i would suggest you to host it in NL or in Korea

If you are in need of staff or Associate call me :D

xZEDx 17th January 2010 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fynnon
Why xBTiT ?

I was reading a guide on FSF and thought hey bingo i'll have a try with that... don't know of any others which have been recommended.... done a lot of reading/digging around and it just seemed the right way to go because it's well supported got a good community, there's loads of Hacks/Mods available.... But then again i could be wrong, 'cause it's only been a couple of days research
If you could recommend others that'll be great.

seriously a VPS?... I know what you mean.. in the beginning they'll F'all traffic but i get the point... ThanX.

So i'm guessing a cheap Starter Kimsufi like setup would be just fine for the start (up to 6Months) that's cool as i have one for torrenting :D just get another lol.

Greetz

Quote:

Originally Posted by movizdb
As you have an good budget i would suggest you to host it in NL or in Korea

If you are in need of staff or Associate call me :D

I was thinking of NL as well...

Now i've got a it more to research on Spain and Korea... cool

as far as Staff let me see how far i get before i can make any decisions. due to legality 'n' stuff let's see if i have the balls to go ahead with it. but i'll keep this offer in mind :D

Fynnon 17th January 2010 20:45

We have here some other interesting sources like phpMy BitTorrent - Bravo List

Leaseweb has a good offer on servers now and they are in NL... Dedicated Server Hosting

35 euro for a dedicated server with control panel i think its ok :ok:

Nobody will come after you at the beginning...only later when you`re successfull

movizdb 17th January 2010 20:50

LeaseWeb do not accept torrents AnyMore That's why i proposed Korea and with Google I just found that Japan is also good for hosting torrents :D

Moh.ElBaz 18th January 2010 00:50

leaseweb
keyweb

I suggest