Bravo List

Bravo List (http://www.bvlist.com/index.php)
-   Gazelle (http://www.bvlist.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Problem installing ocelot for ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04 (http://www.bvlist.com/showthread.php?t=10027)

hatijahat 8th September 2014 12:13

Problem installing ocelot for ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04

What is compatible OS for ocelot? ubuntu 12.04 or 14.04? or any others? for the project gazelle backend..
cause i try to install ocelot according the guide from project gazelle from the github for both OS ubuntu i mention above, it's seem like i'm missing something there..

after i compile,
Code:

./configure --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
then i use
Code:

make and make install
at the end..

it's say it was nothing in the folder and the install exiting the folder..

sorry, english is my second language.. just trying to learn how to install the ocelot.. seem like hard and super damn hard to understand how to install it.. :(

firefly007 8th September 2014 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatijahat (Post 45107)
What is compatible OS for ocelot? ubuntu 12.04 or 14.04? or any others? for the project gazelle backend..
cause i try to install ocelot according the guide from project gazelle from the github for both OS ubuntu i mention above, it's seem like i'm missing something there..

after i compile,
Code:

./configure --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
then i use
Code:

make and make install
at the end..

it's say it was nothing in the folder and the install exiting the folder..

sorry, english is my second language.. just trying to learn how to install the ocelot.. seem like hard and super damn hard to understand how to install it.. :(

I have not looked at it but check your OS and then follow the guide according to the OS version.

You can check you version by typing this in shell.

Code:

lsb_release -a
You did not give the error assuming you got an error.

The error is probably incorrectly installed libs Eg Libboost

DND 8th September 2014 15:14

but did u turned it on ? use htop and see if the process is on

HD10180 9th September 2014 17:21

[QUOTE=hatijahat;45107]What is compatible OS for ocelot? ubuntu 12.04 or 14.04? or any others? for the project gazelle backend..

after i compile, [CODE]

I had success getting gazelle and ocelot running only on ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32bit. Tried ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64bit, never got it working.

Don't recall in detail but I use guides from the official site but you need to open 3 distros and read instructions on each of them since they differ on some part you need for 12.04 LTS.

Also never could get Nginx working, so I used apache2.

hatijahat 10th September 2014 07:01

[quote=HD10180;45121]
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatijahat (Post 45107)

after i compile, [CODE]

I had success getting gazelle and ocelot running only on ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32bit. Tried ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64bit, never got it working.

Don't recall in detail but I use guides from the official site but you need to open 3 distros and read instructions on each of them since they differ on some part you need for 12.04 LTS.

Also never could get Nginx working, so I used apache2.

thanks for the hint, i will try to read again the tutorial.. :ok:

firefly007 10th September 2014 09:03

Most of the problems with Ocelot is due to errors during installation of libs,if there are errors during installation of Ocelot's libs Eg. Libboost Ocelot will not work!!

hatijahat 10th September 2014 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefly007 (Post 45128)
Most of the problems with Ocelot is due to errors during installation of libs,if there are errors during installation of Ocelot's libs Eg. Libboost Ocelot will not work!!

oh.. i see.. that why when i compile i saw something like 500+ file is not install.. only a few of it success..

i will try to update the libboost.. :ok:
i will update here.. if i have success.. :chch:
thanks all for sharing a bit of idea.. :ok:

Bump: damn.. i stuck at this one.. always stuck here.. :sos::wallbash:

Code:

g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"ocelot\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"ocelot\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.8\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"ocelot\ 0.8\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DHAVE_BOOST=/\*\*/ -DHAVE_BOOST_IOSTREAMS=/\*\*/ -DHAVE_BOOST_SYSTEM=/\*\*/ -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -I.  -std=c++11 -march=native -O2 -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-ident -pthread -Wall -Wfatal-errors -Wl,O1 -Wl,--as-needed -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/mysql++ -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/mysql  -g -O2 -MT config.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/config.Tpo -c -o config.o config.cpp
mv -f .deps/config.Tpo .deps/config.Po
g++  -g -O2 -lboost_iostreams-mt -lboost_system -L/usr/lib -pthread -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ -o ocelot db.o events.o misc_functions.o ocelot.o report.o response.o schedule.o site_comm.o user.o worker.o config.o -lboost_iostreams-mt -lboost_system -lev -lmysqlpp
root@ltti1:~/ocelot-0.8# make install
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/ocelot-0.8'
 /bin/mkdir -p '/usr/local/bin'
  /usr/bin/install -c ocelot '/usr/local/bin'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/ocelot-0.8'

need to run something before "make" and "make install"?

firefly007 10th September 2014 15:00

Code:

make[1]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'
Normally means its installed!! but it doesn't mean it will work!!

You will need to make sure the libs are installed without errors...

hatijahat 10th September 2014 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefly007 (Post 45131)
Code:

make[1]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'
Normally means its installed!! but it doesn't mean it will work!!

You will need to make sure the libs are installed without errors...

oh.. i see.. i have update the libboost using

libboost-all-dev

before using that i saw 500++ error when install.. now have no error.. that mean ocelot is completely install? wow.. hahaha.. sorry.. i'm below then a noob with such that coding and installing.. ok.. i try to proceed the next step.. thanks firefly.. :ok:

edit : ocelot working good... thanks too all who helping.. :)

note : before this i not installing libboost correctly i think.. that why when i compile the libboost have an error..
i use apt-get -y install libboost-all-dev to install all the extension for it.. :P