Bravo List

Bravo List (http://www.bvlist.com/index.php)
-   Project U-232 (http://www.bvlist.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Project U-232 (http://www.bvlist.com/showthread.php?t=6342)

Damz 25th November 2011 18:32

how to change ?

how to change charset ? :muscle: UTF8 on iso 8859 2 :sos:

ajax 26th November 2011 14:09

Thank's about converting my theme for another source code.
Sharing is caring. :drink:

Bigjoos 7th December 2011 20:22

V3 has been released, for those wishing to use it then grab the download from my support forum and ensure you have the requirements set out for the code because i refuse to answer the same old questions a hundred times...the address is on the first post, i will update the public repo's soon on github.

Wilba 17th December 2011 14:20

Thanks, will check it out when i get some free time.. :drink:

rootKID 5th January 2012 14:28

nice

nicely done bigjoos... im new and still learning... but this one is to understand pretty well after my experience... thanks dude ;)

Bump: Do i (NEED) memcached? and what is it?

can anyone tell me? i have tryed tryed and tryed for some time now and im lost... what is memcached? and can this be ran on a normal shared server from siteground.com? and if not... what shall i buy to get this to work?

Hope an answer soon mades.... :sos::wallbash::ok:

x360zone 14th February 2012 11:57

lol

get yourself a vps mate its the only real way unless you can get your host to do it on your server which would be unlikely or in little rush to do so
for the price your paying for webhosting i can get vps lol

daffy 14th February 2012 12:34

vps is no good for this source, cant get root access to install memached and apc, host certainly wont do, also if you do get to install this on vps, you will also give access to memcace to all other users on that server (as it has to be installed to root). best bet is dedicated server or your pc lol but hey its only what iv tried and not succeded and also was told. so if you do manage to run on a vps with them extensions installed, please share how.

x360zone 14th February 2012 14:24

not true

ive used vps on this source and installed memcache myself and ran well DaKz also viewed the source it was for some one on here then it fell through

daffy 14th February 2012 18:57

mm yeah but you got to install it as root user dontt you? meaning all other users on the server will be able to gain access to it to wont they?

Bigjoos 14th February 2012 20:46

@rootKID

Its just a daemon running on your server - it uses ram to store data, so we use it any where a static sql query would normally hit the the database for every user on every single refresh, so what does it do next ?? Well simply uses ram to store say the data we requested from that sql query so one hit gets the query values then every other hit after that is served from cache, so its an obvious observation that in turn free's up major mysql resource on the tracker due to all you main hard hitting querys in use all over the source code using memcache : ) Memcached is another method and is more efficient because you can use multiget and other functions not available on memcache but thats no important to you.