Bravo List

Bravo List (http://www.bvlist.com/index.php)
-   Downloads (http://www.bvlist.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   CodeX Installer v4 (http://www.bvlist.com/showthread.php?t=1203)

Bigjoos 11th May 2009 21:53

Php error notices/warnings

Just as krypto says turn error reporting off - error notices and warnings are just that - they dont stop code running - its just the way some coders write mods - undefined indexes are simple fixes either add a global or add isset before the variable - if you dont know what i mean turn error reporting off and forget about them - undefined varaibles are easy fixed as well usually by a simple

Code:

Notice: Undefined variable: comment
would be fixed by adding
Code:

comment='';
above that variable - thats just an example - i know how to take care of them and i dont expect relatively new coders to understand judging from your post thats not a snipe just fact mate - easy stuff and i aint going through every coders mods patching stuff that should have been done when they created the mods untill im pushing out a final stable release - If error reporting disablement from core.php aint working then you have a issue with your set up again not my problem just like undefined indexes and variables - yeah they may slow code a little but trust me take any source code and turn it on and be shocked when you see the level of errors even in a default code :) So sit tight if you cant work those out and wait for the final stable release - But that admincp works perfectly with error reporting on or off - if you dont believe me ask the majority of guys using it and theres plenty now.

Krypto 11th May 2009 23:18

Code Updated see first post for attatchment.

sharpe 15th May 2009 11:19

I've noticed that it was updated from Krypto at 11 may 09.

but.. what was updated???

It would be nice that WHEN someone makes an update that he/she also posts a list with the updates.

Bigjoos 15th May 2009 11:39

LoL

What was updated - pratically the full source - any half decent coder would know that - im not here to sit and write change by change thats insane due to the amount of changes - optimizations - security patches - if you want to know then use kdiff and compare - anyway im to busy building the source to even care about it - They guys that contibute and work with me on my test server know exactly whats happening end off. How do you expect a source code to be written if im wasting my time writing poxy change lists for people that are so lazy they cant even check files - i wont say no more on the matter i suggest you do the same :)

RikT 15th May 2009 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpe (Post 11589)
It would be nice that WHEN someone makes an update that he/she also posts a list with the updates.

Then I suggest you learn to read the changelog or even checkout the latest svn

sharpe 15th May 2009 11:55

well thank you if you didnt tell me i wouldn't know. :shock:
But that means:
1 download
2 open and look what/which changes was made.

wouldnt it be easier if he/she posted a list for us mortals so that we have the possabilitie to see the changes at once without an forced Dl?
beacuase in this case i'm (we are) forced to dl the archive
???????????

RikT 15th May 2009 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpe (Post 11592)
well thank you if you didnt tell me i wouldn't know. :shock:
But that means:
1 download
2 open and look what/which changes was made.

wouldnt it be easier if he/she posted a list for us mortals so that we have the possabilitie to see the changes at once without an forced Dl?
beacuase in this case i'm (we are) forced to dl the archive
???????????

oh well shame you gotta grab 12mb thats so moch hard work aint so you want someone else to do all the work for you not only have you a top class source that the developer has worked themselves silly for you cant be bothered to download 12mb and have a 5-10 min read hmmm lazy springs to mind

sharpe 15th May 2009 12:07

U are prtially right on that
but i really don't see a problem

who ever made the changes
a: made them
b; saved them
c; uploaded them
d; and made a post. (oh, and downloaded the old archive in the first place, matter of fact)

so where's the problem to c&p that part of the change log and put it in the post and THEN upload the entire post???

RikT 15th May 2009 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpe (Post 11594)
U are prtially right on that
but i really don't see a problem

who ever made the changes a: made them b; saved them c; uploaded them d; and made a post. (oh, and downloaded the old archive in the first place, matter of fact)
so where's the problem to c&p that part of the change log and put it in the post and THEN upload the entire post???

Maybe because they feel that you as and end user should take some responsibilty for keeping your site or whatever upadted and the fact they they are still busy constantly improving the source for the end user and that this is not in fact the official forum for the source itself does that answer it maybe you should actaually try going to the official site where its being developed if you want to be kept up to date in real time otherwise dont moan cos yer to lazy to have a read and look for yerself

sharpe 15th May 2009 12:17

well i DID dl the archive and looked for my self but there is no changelog in it, there is a readme yes but thats all