Bravo List

Bravo List (http://www.bvlist.com/index.php)
-   Community Cafe (http://www.bvlist.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   TBDev Bravo Edition (http://www.bvlist.com/showthread.php?t=858)

ANDiTKO 18th August 2008 11:01

TBDev Bravo Edition

Hi,the bravo community growing up.I think its time to start our own TBDev modificated tracker source.Lets forget about TemplateShares.Nulling xam's crappy source code wont help us at all.Spending time on nulling and decoding TS is pointless.Xam will keep releasing new versions.Who knows what bad functions may he include next TS versions?Why to risk your tracker been hacked or owned by xam? Why don't the Bravo Community start his own torrent source based on TBDev?

DrNet 18th August 2008 11:47

this is the good deal now , xam is shit cause every time he releasing new versions he only care about security and he dont give good care about the tracker script, i'm 1000% agree with you ANDiTKO

kp380lv 18th August 2008 12:11

Great IDEA;)

Nilsons 18th August 2008 14:20

It would be great , i am exited....

djlee 19th August 2008 01:40

sounds gd but for it to be a bravo source it would require community involvement .. not just one person coding. this means

1. all those involved need a primary method fo communication
2. a single platform for all coders and alike to edit the same source
3. a decision on whether we would follow xam's trend and go with flashy ajax or stick to proper php/xhtml output (or both could actually be implemented)
4. whether to hard code all mods or produce our own module system

and plenty of other things would need to be resolved in order for this to be a community project .... id also like to see the more advanaced users taking another willing to learn coder "under their wings" and assigning them tasks and helping them through it ... after all this community has both professional and amateur coders and such a project i would hope would be able to bring both classes ogether and possibly help each other develop

ANDiTKO 19th August 2008 07:42

So here its the start.Lets hope other people can support that too.We can use a group software to collaborate.
Check this script: Collabtive Demo
Username: admin
Password: demo

This might help us organize our work.http://factoryjoe.com/projects/emoti...0100-smile.gif

kp380lv 19th August 2008 14:45

Ok I want help! I can made style for new source! Script code I don't know very well but with Adobe PS i work good:)

Viperia 19th August 2008 17:45

Sounds like great idea!

But since i don

Krypto 19th August 2008 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viperia (Post 3560)
- Modules System, an easy way to install mods etc like in XBTIT tracker maybe?

Ahhh no please don't do that, the hack module system is flawed, the majority of hacks you have to manually alter in order to install them, due to different coding style used by the coders etc...

Viperia 19th August 2008 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krypto (Post 3564)
Ahhh no please don't do that, the hack module system is flawed, the majority of hacks you have to manually alter in order to install them, due to different coding style used by the coders etc...

Well that is why you should set up a coding standard and the problem with XBTIT is not that the coders use different styles etc.

It has to do with some code optimization done to the whole XBTIT source code that made all mods before rev 542 not to work with the the 542 revision that had some big code changes in all files etc. This made the mods not to work and giving all sorts of odd errors but it easy to fix if you are a good coder and dedicated to keep your work up to date.

And if i where to code in such a function i would make it so that you don't end up like the problems with XBTIT in the future, set a coding standard and make the moders/coders follow it. Ofcourse you should also have the option to install modifications manually if you want to.

But it is a good feature to have a one-click-installer for modifications if it is well coded and functional. ;)

Regards,
Viperia