Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > ZenTracker
Old 1st October 2011, 14:45

P2P
Thumbs down yep I think I will pass on this mess
The document root is set right,
the errors show are memcache errors, and you posted that memcache isn't required but makes the site act faster.

I am going to pass on this mess. I have loaded and used every script on here with no issues except an once in a while staying awake to long to fight a bug to the end, but this one I will pass on. You have done a great job here, but anything that takes up 51mb unconfigured on a server should do more then generate error after error, thats what using the symfony framework is supposed to reduce.

I think your on to something very good here, but to be honest its still many months out from being usable, stable, and with out a demo, or being able to test if I can't say much about the security one way or the other, I do know that right now without it running, it is the most secure tracker there is, nothing to hack with out a running script.

SO keep at it young man, and I am sure it time the bugs will be worked out. I have no fear of chasing down bugs, hell I went through the LATEAM TSSE 5.6.1.2 with added mods is over 1200 pages of scripts, but with this, there is no starting place, and I am not going to flood the forums with all the problems encountered on this. I understand that this requires a certain server setup, but last time I checked we write scripts that work on servers, not write scripts and make the server people upgrade to the script.
I think the same thing could be done in any framework, joomla, xoomla and even wordpress there are a few mods for trackers, but to dive in this with an completely unproven source and no demo, and about 10 days of fooling with it off and on, I think I would rather run TBDEV that every script kiddie can hack to pieces and try and secure it from there. However my interests are not in making a tracker to put on line, but to a group of coders that would love to see something newer then 5 years to hang and run for testing, mods and then step back and see how well it does live, and this just isn't that far along yet.
Old 2nd October 2011, 16:29

France
Thanks for your reply, i'll consider it and multiply tests te reduce bugs.

I've updated the SVN (rev 32) : the Pager lib (for pagination) is now included (before it was system dependant). You can now browse into uploads categories without bug on every system.
Old 21st January 2012, 21:50

United Kingdom
Default Installation Problems
My attempts to install this have been unsuccessful, unfortunately.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. I have uploaded the 'zentracker' folder to my htdocs (I'm install this on a localhost on a mac)

2. I navigated my browser to localhost/zentracker/install.php and entered the information.

So now every time I try to go to localhost/zentracker there's nothing there.

Any suggestion? Thanks in advance :)
Old 22nd January 2012, 14:36

France
You have to set the right DocumentRoot, in order to force Apache to work only in the /web folder.

Click the image to open in full size.
The Following User Says Thank You to Optix For This Useful Post:
Mahn (22nd January 2012)
Old 22nd January 2012, 18:12

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optix View Post
You have to set the right DocumentRoot, in order to force Apache to work only in the /web folder.

I just placed everything in htdocs and navigated my browser to localhost/web/install.php, install it again, and then pointed to localhost/web/index.php and got this:

Old 22nd January 2012, 18:40

France
ZenTracker requires Memcache tu run.

Can you try this ?
http://www.lullabot.com/articles/set...ox-environment

Tags
installation , wizard