Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Project U-232
Old 12th January 2015, 02:47

Spain
Default Cookies Config.
Hi mates

I has succesfully deployed a U-232-V4 tracker in a vhost in our server (test.domain.com). After uploading some themes and after I has began a translation, I have found that some graphics dont show fine.

So I decided to install a new instance with U-232-v3 in another vhost in the same server (demo.domain.com), just to try a few things in V3.

Obviously each version has his own mysql DB, user and pasword

After installing the V3 site, I am only able to log in the V3 site. After Googling a bit in this forum and in U-232 Forum both suggest modify the includeconfig.php.

Ive tried to modify the includeconfig.php file in the section Cookies for both sites as follow.

For the test site this is the config:

Code:
//== Cookie setup
$INSTALLER09['cookie_prefix'] = 'test'; // This allows you to have multiple trackers, eg for demos, testing etc.
$INSTALLER09['cookie_path'] = ''; // ATTENTION: You should never need this unless the above applies eg: /tbdev
$INSTALLER09['cookie_domain'] = '.domain.com'; // set to eg: .somedomain.com or is subdomain set to: .sub.somedomain.com
$INSTALLER09['domain'] = '.domain.com';
And for the demo site:

Code:
//== Cookie setup
$INSTALLER09['cookie_prefix'] = 'demo'; // This allows you to have multiple trackers, eg for demos, testing etc.
$INSTALLER09['cookie_path'] = ''; // ATTENTION: You should never need this unless the above applies eg: /tbdev
$INSTALLER09['cookie_domain'] = '.domain.com'; // set to eg: .somedomain.com or is subdomain set to: .sub.somedomain.com
$INSTALLER09['domain'] = '.domain.com';
Taken a clooser look to my google chrome cookies, seems that some cookies from both sites are overlaping.

Can somebody give me any advice of the correct cookies setup for multisite?

Best regards.
Old 12th January 2015, 05:50
VIP

cookie prefix needs to be something unique.
cookie domain needs to be the .sub.name.tld
cookie domain needs to be the .name.tld
be sure to empty cookies and cache(memcache) afterwards.
be sure you are written in the staff list.
it actually says that.

1. Server/VPS (Debian,CentOS,Ubuntu,Fedora, FreeBSD) Optimization and ... + Modules
  2. Webserver Windows/Linux (Apache/Lighttpd/Nginx/Mysql/PhpMyAdmin/SSL) Optimization and ... + Modules
  3. Seedbox Windows/Linux (uTorrent,rTorrent,libTorrent,ruTorrent) + Modules
  4. Multiple source code engines
  5. Linux Server Administration (security, cryptography/encryption, proxy, load balancer, custom ddos firewall)
Old 12th January 2015, 06:14

United States
Multiple instances on the same server will have issues due to memcache.
You would need to have multiple instances of memcache running on different ports and change the port number in include/class/class_cache.php
The Following User Says Thank You to whocares For This Useful Post:
mmgarcia30 (17th January 2015)
Old 1st February 2015, 00:44

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares View Post
Multiple instances on the same server will have issues due to memcache.
You would need to have multiple instances of memcache running on different ports and change the port number in include/class/class_cache.php
Thanks mate

That has solved the issue.

Tags
config , cookies