Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > P2P > Forum > Community Cafe
Old 20th August 2009, 20:20

United Kingdom
Default FX Tracker

Fuck Xam Tracker Project

Why waste money trying to decrypt TS SE when it's basically just TBdev with pre-installed hacks that are freely available in the tbdev forums? xam basically just copy and pastes other peoples work and claims it as his own.

I can see how you want to decrypt it and release it for free just to spite him but it's going to cost a fortune to keep decrypting his files. A better idea would be to create a new tracker source based upon tbdev and mirror his hacks but without all the unnecessary crap.

I'd love to have a crack at coding a TBDev version to piss all over XAM's efforts and steal all his customers by providing it for free and 100% Open Source but I'm not too hot when it comes to skinning so hopefully someone else would be prepared to take on that mantle.

I've been running a tracker for over 4 years and although I started out using other peoples hacks but now prefer to write everything from scratch because I enjoy the challenge so although some of it would probably be copying and pasting other peoples code (for which I'd give full credit to the original author) I'd also try and optimise or improve upon the code wherever possible.

Maybe we could call it FX (Fuck Xam) Tracker
Old 20th August 2009, 20:28
VIP

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by phpCoder View Post
hopefully someone else would be prepared to take on that mantle.
I'll do the design, if you wanna have a pop?
Old 20th August 2009, 21:43

United Kingdom
Sounds like a plan, I've setup a project page on Sourceforge at http://sourceforge.net/projects/fxtracker and uploaded TBDev 28.07.09-rev.176 to the SVN Repository for now, if you give me your sourceforge username I'll add you to the project as an admin.

Perhaps it's time to take this to it's own topic though.
Old 20th August 2009, 22:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by phpCoder View Post
Sounds like a plan, I've setup a project page on Sourceforge at http://sourceforge.net/projects/fxtracker and uploaded TBDev 28.07.09-rev.176 to the SVN Repository for now, if you give me your sourceforge username I'll add you to the project as an admin.

Perhaps it's time to take this to it's own topic though.
most of the TBdev codes are junk

are you actually going to make it a proper code allowing unicode both front side and database side?

also are you going to allow rtl so languages as Hebrew, Arabic,..etc can have right to left support without distortion of function or appearance?

are you going to make it bridgeable to popular CMS & forums?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashur For This Useful Post:
aMiGo1972 (20th August 2009)
Old 20th August 2009, 23:30

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur View Post
most of the TBdev codes are junk
I very rarely use other peoples code, I tend to use the underlying idea and then write a hack from scratch.

Quote:
are you actually going to make it a proper code allowing unicode both front side and database side?
The plan is to have an installer so you'll be able to set the database collation at install time, you'll also be able to set the page encoding type so hopefully this should be sufficient for proper display of characters.

Quote:
also are you going to allow rtl so languages as Hebrew, Arabic,..etc can have right to left support without distortion of function or appearance?
RTL should be doable, yes.

Quote:
are you going to make it bridgeable to popular CMS & forums?
It's not exactly been considered yet but I do have experience with forum bridging so it's definitely a future possiblilty.

Bump: OK this is going to be a tougher project than I imagined, before I can start adding features to the tracker I think it would be wise to give the initial codebase a complete overhaul.

Currently all the files have hard coded English language and html in the php code so I intend to split this into 3 elements (php, tpl and language).

All of the hard coded English will be split out into English Language files which will make it easier for translations to be made in the future.

All of the html will be split out of the files leaving only pure php, I'll be using the Smarty Template System for this. In doing this it should make the tracker easily skinable rather than the very limited changes you can make with just the css file currently.

I have a lot of files to edit so I probably won't be committing anything for a while but I am working on it. I'll post an update ASAP.
Old 9th September 2009, 08:57

P2P
Build on top of BTIT, instead of TBDEV.
TBDEV has more hacks, but BTIT is easier to modify & the code is easier to follow.
BTIT has a template system, language changing system, & supports UTF-8.
Old 17th September 2009, 21:32

P2P
btit is kind of outdated but i know is still using
new version is xbtit
i think is much easier to code ....

Tags
fx , tracker