Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > P2P > Forum > Sell & Buy
Old 4th November 2011, 18:57

P2P
Default looking for a professional coder/designer will pay good
looking for a professional coder who is familiar with tbdev and all the aspect related to it i am a coder myself and i need a second coder who is familiar with creating new mods coding stylesheet which will include slicing the psd file. Once again the mods i want you to code will require indept knowledge of PHP and SQL, they are not easy they will take a lot of time to code i also need a designer who is really good at what he does i don't want part time designers i want professional i am willing to pay really good money. if you think your good at what you do then please PM me with your IM or any irc channel you hang around in.

coder anywhere from £100 to £ 200 pounds so about $380 for few mods
designer anywhere from £50 to £150
The Following User Says Thank You to billy For This Useful Post:
NICKers (23rd March 2012)
Old 4th November 2011, 21:01

United Kingdom
why of all sources do you want tbdev? why not pick a better more reliable and stable source with better security and uptodate.

http://i.imgur.com/DtcRfH5.gif

I also Setup And Modify Trackers PM For Details
Old 4th November 2011, 21:39

P2P
what source do you suggest mate? i have been using tbdev for quite some while now i think its very easy to customise its very easy to configure there are some security issues like HTML,SQL and XML injection but they can be patched easily but i think things like these should come preconfigured in the tbdev source however i have used gazelle and find it confusing i like the idea of memcache and other plugins to ease of the load but the servers i am planning to buy will not even need it because i am buying 2 x 2.4GHz E5620 Quad Core Xeon 24GB RAM and my tracker will host max 2 to 3 thousand members. but yeah do let me know what you think

cheers
Old 5th November 2011, 23:00

P2P
Cool depends on your site
If your going to have a large staff with some coders on the staff then tbdev is the option, if you have minimal staff and a little mor4e security then go with tsse, (template shares), if you want something a lot more secure then go with phpMybittorrent, you want something really good for the long haul with more security go with gazelle with its tracker, best and smartest thing to do now is to go to the source code section of these forums and look at each one, then when you got a smaller list of ones that your interested in then set them up on a localhost to try them out.
Last bit of advice, get a coder, if you can get 2, if your using tbdev get 3. I have owned sites, I have coded sites, I have done about all of it, and the difference between a real site and a wannabe site is good coders, because no matter what code you pick, there are so many things that you will want to change on a site as it develops and as new stuff comes up!
Old 6th November 2011, 01:05

United Kingdom
Default holy ch%ck
im stealing that image

and ill release it as a custom theme

and sell on very cheep

im clucking for a sale

7.5 tsse
future tracker source & hosting, vps
trackers installs + Themes
http://www.foxyhosting.co.uk
http://www.downmy.top testing zone
offshore vps & cpanel hosting & Shoutcast & VPN
STOP cyberbullying
any setups tracker installs vps hosting vps setups themes mods hit me up
over the last three months ive become a snake breeder,pythons,hogs,boa,corn,rat,king,carpet and what joy it is

Old 6th November 2011, 04:36

P2P
dakz thanks for your reply it was very structured and yes the difference between a wannabe site and a good site is that i am willing to spend a lot of money wether its Scene Axx wether its a dedicated server wether its the coder and i will keep on spending till the site is up to the point unlike other people who want to make a website on VPS and not put effort in and want to make it a "leet" tracker i have some amazing ideas about the website a very good name and to be honest with you its a project for me and you might even be familiar with it and if anyone is interested i will gladly tell you what it is.
Old 6th November 2011, 04:50
BT.Manager Owner

United States
You do Know phpMyBitTorrent is about to stomp new grounds rite?
http://guv2.com/pmbt/index.php <= demo best view is as a user
I will no longer help you setup your site, there is a setup script if you have trouble with it post in the forum here or in BT.Manager™ forum
My Current Demo is here http://demo.btmanager.org/
Old 6th November 2011, 09:04

P2P
Smile my advice on this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy View Post
dakz thanks for your reply it was very structured and yes the difference between a wannabe site and a good site is that i am willing to spend a lot of money wether its Scene Axx wether its a dedicated server wether its the coder and i will keep on spending till the site is up to the point unlike other people who want to make a website on VPS and not put effort in and want to make it a "leet" tracker i have some amazing ideas about the website a very good name and to be honest with you its a project for me and you might even be familiar with it and if anyone is interested i will gladly tell you what it is.
Here is my best recommendation for what your talking about....

First I recommend that you find a coder, and I would either make him a co-owner or give them your best attention and then listen to them, they will more then likely have not only code that they prefer but then they probably have it modded to improve security and with a lot of the mods to make it preform better. Along with a through knowledge of that code they worked so hard on. Now they will also know the databases that will be used with this, I guess its more like buying his car and having him hang out with you to help you along the way.

What ever code he recommends then back their call all the way! I can't stress this point enough. Now the next problem with a site is content, to many "site owners" want a great site but the bottom line is most end up a hang out site for friends, this dooms them instantly.

Since since it is a torrent tracker you will need a lot of fresh torrents the minimum ratio is simply 4-5 to 1, that means 4 or 5 torrents for every member you have, the smartest move is to simply flood the site with new fresh torrents as hard and fast as you can, (the reason I will explain later), there are 2 ways to do this for a private tracker, first is to sit there all day and upload external torrents from whereever, this saves your space and once your site starts filling up then the prima donna uploaders will show upstick to the tried and true rules for uploaders to have scene access it pays of huge in the long run. The other way is to get an autouploader like janhouseand then abuse the hell out of it. Let it fill the site with everything, do not try to decide what people will want, and what they wont, you will be wrong most of the time! The purpose of this is simple, it allows your coder to tweak the code to adjust to a site with a lot of torrents, and word will spread for you having the stuff in less then 5 minutes after it pre'd. That will bring in the people at a pretty good rate. IRC is another way, and this will get some argument here, but I suggest starting out on the p2p network for irc, simply because it will be well protected, well managed, etc. And it cuts the coders some slack, plus there are a lot of the tracker users that roam the channels on that network looking for sites to join. OK you got a site, you got torrents, you got irc, but you want people in there fast, after all a tracker is a business and do not let anyone tell you different, donations from 500 people is way less then donations from 5000 people, simple math! (This will start a huge brawl, but I have been a part of some of the largest privates around!!) You need to find dump sites and dump your torrents there! Now you need a public upload torrent, that will generate the error in the bittorrent client that says "File not available, please log into http://mytrackerblows.net for the file" Then dump them in h33t, btjunkie, and all the other publics so that your tracker name is in front of everyone everywhere! I have personally seen this generate 1200 users a day! And when Windows 7 RTM was released I saw it add almost 3000 new users to my site in 24 hours, so the arguments can be whatever they want, the numbers do not lie. Now you have put it out there for all to see, now you as the owner have to make sure they want to stay when they join, you have to create a community, you see it here, and at the most popular trackers, but you can not do it with all your buddies as staff, get the best you can for staff, get a forum whore, someone that will post and oversee the forums and really does nothing else, it is a huge part of a tracker, along with the irc, the shoutbox, these are alll tools to help n00bs that are coming from the publics learn the difference between public and private trackers, and shows that the staff is really there and available for them, not off in the irc staff channel playing with each other since they are all friends!

One last word on the public trackers, tsse has a built in funtion to dump your torrents to a public tracker that is way under used by most, but works very very well, needs to be updated, and I keep an updated list of the dump sites.
As your site grows there are somethings you will have to look down the road at, again a fact of life, if you use a php tracker it will crap out!! Usually around 15,000 users, and no doubt by 25,000 users. The smart bet is to get the site hung with the php tracker (if thats the code your going with) and have your coder set up a workshop to start working on the next version of the site code, and as the magic number approaches you should have a site ready to move live with minimal disruption. If you want to aviod that then look hard at the xbtracker written in c from the start, but honestly these days a tracker with 20,000 users is hard to find.

Next is servers, what you get is up to you, all I will suggest is that you go for tracker safe countries, and this has changed in the last couple years, and no doubt will change again in a couple more! I was a sysop at a site that got busted, and trust me it is not a fun experience at all!! Allow access to your server to only one other person that you trust more then your mother! Anyone else grant them access only to the limits they need, and know more!! I had a coder one time on a dedi box running a game server and hosting sites off my server and then when he got caught tried to lie his way out of it while I was steady changing everything on the server to stop his access. Now the last horror story I will share is that we had a n00b owner and several decent coders at a site, they decided that the owner had to go, they came to me, I was the lead coder, and wanted to fire they owner. The bottom line is we did fire the owner, so never ever underestimate a coder and never piss them off! The main coder has to be someone that you trust completely which is why I suggested making them a co-owner, because yes they can simply remove you from the db.

Do not overwhelm the site with stupid user classes. There is no reason for 4 different VIP classes except to discourage new users from trying because they want to move up but they do not want to be 12 steps away from being a moderator or anything else, there is no reason for all the uploader classes either, if you have seedboxes you can make them uploader class rather then make an entire class just for them.

A tracker is like a small country, you control the economy and to that end if you give each person that joins 3gb for just being able to register now your stuck with the idea that any promotional idea will be 10gb upload credit, then your vip donors will want more and you have to give them 50gb for a stupid $20 donation, now you have devalued the entire economy to where the average user thats seeding his ass off for upload credit is screwed seeding back a dvd that no one will want in a month and he will get discouraged and simply leave! So balance your economy and then stick to it.

Themes, we all love the theme we don't have. Users like the site to be the same all the time, then they can concentrate on going there and doing what they went there for, not trying to learn how to navigate the newest flash theme that you had to have. Remember your server might have that 1gb pipe, but the average user is pumping along at 2-4mb home speed so guess how fast he will get your site from that fat pipe you have!

Hit and run rules, if you go with an autouploader its a safe bet that some lame n00b uploader from a site will come and try to strip your site to up on his, he may even rip you with a seed box and not seed back. Its a common problem, set your hit and run rules and do not be afraid to ban these ass clowns for ripping your site. They want the site you have, and a lot of times if you ban them then they will want to come be an uploader for your site, this is another reason why I said to require your uploaders to have scene access.

Sorry to go on so much, and hope I don't get banned for this post, but I have been at this at all levels for a very very long time. And I may not be the greatest coder, or greatest owner, etc, but I can tell you that there is damn little I have not been through in the p2p world. And to be honest why anyone would want to own a site is beyond me, but all the luck to those that want to.

Captain Midnight signing off.....

Last edited by Krypto; 6th November 2011 at 11:46.
The Following User Says Thank You to DAKz For This Useful Post:
Optix (6th November 2011)
Old 6th November 2011, 11:45
Retired from BVList

P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKz View Post
Now the last horror story I will share is that we had a n00b owner and several decent coders at a site, they decided that the owner had to go, they came to me, I was the lead coder, and wanted to fire they owner. The bottom line is we did fire the owner, so never ever underestimate a coder and never piss them off! The main coder has to be someone that you trust completely which is why I suggested making them a co-owner, because yes they can simply remove you from the db.
I've been there, the only difference was that I was the Owner who got kicked from my own creation and stabbed in the back by someone who I thought I could trust.

Bottom line never trust anyone 100% they may well be all nice as pie but some would stoop so low and stab you in the back and steal your creation in the blink of an eye.
Old 6th November 2011, 12:23

United Kingdom
Default true
ive been fooked over by fello staff around 4-5 times, leave they think they know it all and can code for shit or have not got the faintest idea how to edit little things: there out come closed lol my out come keep ploddin on with my head held high: my point it this dont go throwing money away as it dont work like that ive been in the scene and all the usual shite that comes with it, to me not a big deal...its about community not cash my last place 1000-s was put into the place and for it all the fall becouse of friends and payments of servers from these friends/co owners.

now ive got some great freinds on my place so now im all good

i have also been thinking about restarting the big haul with u2 source and many seedboxes/and servers and reviving and old site i used to be on,so im in the same boat {cash,users,work,trust}is it and will it be worth it in the end. the point is this you put in say 100 gbp a month for a year, and make 20-30 a month in donations- out comes clear your going down already
start of minimul and build from there. some folks have big ideas about 25tb hd intel gazilllion cpu 900gig ram persoanlly what a fooking waste lol
im far from saying be a cheap fusker with cheap hosting or FREE host lmfao
just dont go knee deep in it mate

also if anyone interested in starting a full private tracker give me a shout
domains sorted and hosting see what we can jiggle about
attention

Attention

and yes before you ask it will have semi naked chicks on the theme

7.5 tsse
future tracker source & hosting, vps
trackers installs + Themes
http://www.foxyhosting.co.uk
http://www.downmy.top testing zone
offshore vps & cpanel hosting & Shoutcast & VPN
STOP cyberbullying
any setups tracker installs vps hosting vps setups themes mods hit me up
over the last three months ive become a snake breeder,pythons,hogs,boa,corn,rat,king,carpet and what joy it is

Tags
coder or designer , good , pay , professional