Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Torrent Strike
Old 24th March 2009, 09:27

P2P
Default Nice... and a problem (of course)
It's a good peices of web software, i enjoy it very much :)

Though i have a quick question, how would i shut off the ip protection?

For example... if i download a torrent on a seedbox and then move that to my torrentstrike and start uploading, works fine, then i add my home client and boom... unrecgonised host :( sucks any ideas?
Edit: Fail explanation
In short i know that Torrentstrike records what ip you have when you login... and that's all you can use to torrent with otherwise utorrent will give you an unrecgonised host exception? how would i remove this?

Also i had a problem which made me rage and delete torrentstrike 3 times in 3 weeks... i resolved it... well i wouldn't call it a resolve just figured it out..

If you're using Debian and mktorrent... IT WILL NOT WORK

Don't know why but it doesn't allow the passkey to be added when a user downloads the .torrent

That being said. if you could help me with my problem i will be very appreative. and that nice fuzzy feel inside knowing you helped a fellow human being :)
Old 24th March 2009, 20:26
Retired from BVList

P2P
Most TBDev install's use the IP and Passkey as security on user accounts and tracker access.....
Seeing the Flux server is not logging into site when a torrent is started by you on your flux box the IP registered to your account and that passkey is not that held in the site database....
What you need to do is setup a proxy script on the flux box to enable you to get the box logged to your account or better still only have announce check for passkey rather then IP + passkey or IP alone !!!!!

Untill you do this Flux will not work...

Code:
    $rz = mysql_query("SELECT id, uploaded, downloaded, class FROM users WHERE ip='$ip' AND enabled = 'yes' ORDER BY last_access DESC LIMIT 1") or err("Tracker error 2");
    if ($MEMBERSONLY && mysql_num_rows($rz) == 0)
        err("Unrecognized host ($ip). Please go to $BASEURL to sign-up or login.");
Notice that the tracker checks for the IP in the user table ....thus you flux box is not going to be listed there and thus no download.....

take out the IP check if you have passkey enabled on your announce script and all will be well as it will then check account via passkey in user table and you can use any IP you wish...

Read the entire thread Board Message

Tags
nice , problem