Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > P2P > Forum > Community Cafe
Old 24th September 2015, 17:00

P2P
Default Help with a new Tracker advice
Hello guy's ,i know ,another one ,come on :)

But i don't want to build the next BTN or FTN just something on a really specific niche (there is no tracker for this atm) but is a nice focused only on good users that they know already what php is and they don't have 10-15 years :)

So as a description i have and will get any vps/server(for seedbox and hosting - separated of course :) ) needed(for 1-12 months as soon at this evolve i will ad donation button in case i can't handle anymore

The tracker will be on invite only to keep the legal authors of the torrent that we will upload outside of the tracker

What i ask from you guys is a small suggestion what to use for tracker, i already own 2 purchased scripts

1 This are actually 2 ver 1 with ratio and one with Credit point(ratioles) XBTIT Developing
2 This is based on DataLife Engine Tracker for DLE v3.2 ’с‘ для WEB

They are both nice and maintained by the developers

Can you experts help me to decide if any of the above worth the time to use it or should i use something else if so let me know what (gazelle etc)

Thank you for reading my question and for your help.
Old 24th September 2015, 17:24
VIP

actually they are kinda dead...
last known update for XBTIT was 2012, and the other one i really dont know much.

1. Server/VPS (Debian,CentOS,Ubuntu,Fedora, FreeBSD) Optimization and ... + Modules
  2. Webserver Windows/Linux (Apache/Lighttpd/Nginx/Mysql/PhpMyAdmin/SSL) Optimization and ... + Modules
  3. Seedbox Windows/Linux (uTorrent,rTorrent,libTorrent,ruTorrent) + Modules
  4. Multiple source code engines
  5. Linux Server Administration (security, cryptography/encryption, proxy, load balancer, custom ddos firewall)
The Following User Says Thank You to DND For This Useful Post:
An0nym (25th September 2015)
Old 25th September 2015, 01:10

why don't you go with one of the sources from here? There are few which are well supported as well. The couple of sources you mentioned here look dead to me.
Old 25th September 2015, 12:44

P2P
1 is xbtit DTFM wich is maintained and updated by DiemThuy and probally some more ppl whats left of the standard xbtit source is hard to say ...
Old 26th September 2015, 12:13
SUPPORT GURU

P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym View Post
Hello guy's ,i know ,another one ,come on :)

But i don't want to build the next BTN or FTN just something on a really specific niche (there is no tracker for this atm) but is a nice focused only on good users that they know already what php is and they don't have 10-15 years :)

So as a description i have and will get any vps/server(for seedbox and hosting - separated of course :) ) needed(for 1-12 months as soon at this evolve i will ad donation button in case i can't handle anymore

The tracker will be on invite only to keep the legal authors of the torrent that we will upload outside of the tracker

What i ask from you guys is a small suggestion what to use for tracker, i already own 2 purchased scripts

1 This are actually 2 ver 1 with ratio and one with Credit point(ratioles) XBTIT Developing
2 This is based on DataLife Engine Tracker for DLE v3.2 Всё для WEB

They are both nice and maintained by the developers

Can you experts help me to decide if any of the above worth the time to use it or should i use something else if so let me know what (gazelle etc)

Thank you for reading my question and for your help.
OK so there are a few things you need to take into consideration and please take the time to read this because it could save you a lot of time and effort in the future.

1) How much money are you or a group are prepared to put into your site.

The reason why I ask is if you want to have a big site you need to take a few things into consideration meaning the site will need a few huge seedboxes you see thats a hidden cost that no one ever really thinks about. Ok so you think you will rely on people to upload well the problem is your site in its infancy will not generate much interest for people so therfor unless you have a dedicated team that's willing to do just that.

2) So I want to use Gazelle! What now?

If you want to use Gazelle you will need to take inconsideration that Gazelle isn't a complete project, yes! It will work once its installed but you get very little compared to other tracker sources, so that means you will need a good and dedicated coder, if you don't or cant find one or you are not willing to pay for one then don't bother. because as good as the source is it was meant for music so one of the first and vital modification needed is to alter quite a few files and code to add what ever categories you need because its not as straight forward as to just add an icon and an entry to the database.

What to avoid!!

I have lots of respect for the time and effort people put into coding pre-modded sources. BUT! a few and that includes the one mentioned in this very thread should be avoided unless you are willing to take the time and effort to fix it. I'm not naming any of them out right because I think that's unfair
Unless its Template share DO NOT PAY A CENT FOR IT!

Look if you want some advise on what to avoid then just PM me here!
andwill happily help you with what to avoid.

3) What to choose if you don't have the money or the time to configure Gazelle?

Well its no secret that I really like and support BT.Manager even though I'm not in any way affiliated with it! Meaning I don't receive any monitory gain from the project. The reason is simple! The code is very secure and tight and its packed full of mods, its also extremely fast and unlike most other
Source Codes here, its not based on TbDev.

Yes you have to pay for it but for what you get its well worth it in fact its under priced!! For more info you can follow this link
http://www.bvlist.com/phpmybittorren...ent-3-0-a.html

OK so my second choice would probably be U232-4, you would still need a coder for it but it does have quite a few features that I'm not going to go though. I would skip U232 1,2,3 and install V4 with XBIT enabled.

Please Support Majority Report

You can contact me on Skype live:phesadent.elect but please let me know first.

If you are ever need me desperately then please email me at dan.oak44@gmail.com and I will contact u within a week.

Due to free time I'm able to help interested member's with their tracker.

Please Note!
Depending on your requests I will charge you for my assistance for Tracker installs and mods.
All my mods are custom and prices will very depending on the request.
I'm able to install any tracker and mods including themes.

Please PM me

Tags
advice , tracker