Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > P2P > Forum > Downloads
Old 20th March 2008, 15:34

Default re: X-Fusion Tracker
if you have to refresh teh page after making chnges such as themes i wouldnt worry about it .. if you wanted to you could make the page auto-refresh after such an edit .. but is it really worth it ?

i mean after a user changes his theme it aint as if he's gonna stay on that page and never leave it ever again .. he's gonna click a link to another page and the theme will be applied .. its really not neccarray to force a refresh on the user .. think about it this way if a user's on a crap connection (i.e. dialup) you forcing a refresh to apply a theme instantly means that he has to load the same page twice .. im sure he would much prefer to be able to click to another page and see the page update and keep his extra pennies worth of surfing for important things
Old 20th March 2008, 16:06

thanks for replying djlee
but its not the case
if a user change the theme the moment he click, the new theme must be applied, but it doesnt happen.
ok after clicking refresh the my.php appears with new theme. But when i click home its again the old theme . now clicking on refresh again, the home is also in new theme :unknown: .

kindly help with this :smile:
Old 20th March 2008, 21:13

Sorry if this post is wrong.. But wonder if this can be done to send a welcome message to users login in shoutbox.. Should be cool.. :)

http://metalsharing.servemp3.com/index.php
Old 21st March 2008, 04:41

You need to got thru your announce.php carefully . I had this problem, found that removing the // Banned Clients - By Petr1fied cured it.

DeltaCorp in the users profile is a reset button to reset their birthdays.The downside is that once you do it you'll need to send a pm to tell them to correct it. This works on all the members except the sysops,there you need to change in the DB (users)
Old 22nd March 2008, 06:38

darkcoder are you sure that the old theme isn't being cached by your browser and therefore you have to refresh to get the new CSS ect from the server..

i say this because the way you explain the problem it doesn't sound like a scripting problem.. if this was a scripting problem it would mean that the script is first getting the users old stylesheet and then getting the new one .. to do this it would probably take another 3 database fields which you obviously haven't setup as you dont want that happening (plus it wouldnt be practical anyway)

try turning caching off and testing it or change your theme and clear your cache ect and then see if u need to refresh every page to get the new theme
Old 4th April 2008, 10:56

Prejudice, I use torrentstrike x fusion ... I wanted to know if we could see the last 5 post on the home .. i use phbb forum.

Thanks in advance ..

Ps: posts if possible .. I would like to see them in the index.php tracker ..

Sorry for the English ..
Old 5th April 2008, 07:15

i could probably figure out how to do it given time .. i'll see if i can set up TS on my home server and have a quick look .. otherwise u cud set me up a temp ftp/ssh account to do it for ya .. but i'll attempt it on my localhost first if i dont have to piss about too much getting it setup for testing

EDIT: ok think ive got this pretty much solved.. gotta say thanks for requesting this mod .. been a while since ive done any more than a few lines coding that ive actually enjoyed

first a few things to point out first. do it this way so i know you will read it before you copy and paste and think your done lol
  1. the number of posts you want to display can be set via the $fetchposts variable
  2. i have set a $prefix variable just incase u changed the phpbb_ prefix from default when importing teh SQL for the forum. this saves ppl having to go through the sql changing it all. if you did change teh prefix make sure you ammend this
  3. at the moment only basic user posts can be viewed here. staff posts for example are not seen in here period.. as i've literraly never worked with PHPBB forums i couldnt figure this out just yet. If its something important to a lot of people that want to use this mod then i may add it. Otherwise i cant be bothered
  4. the current hieght allowed for the frame is 200pixels. To change the height allowed simply change the height defined in the style attribute of the div tag
  5. I have made it scrollable so that on long posts your index doesn't suddenly become stupidly streched. This way the user just scrolls. If you don't like this then you can remove the two tags and this will simply give you a standard table however be careful as if someone makes a long post it will make ur index extremly big until it 5 more posts have been made (and if those 5 posts are also long well you can imagine the effect)

ok onto the code. its as simple as cut and paste .. or atleast it should be lol
Code:
<?
//******************************************
// Last X POSTS in PHPBB2 FORUM MOD BY DJLEE

$fetchposts = 5; //Number of Posts to get?
$prefix = phpbb_; //the phpbb forum posts prefix (phpbb_ by default)
$res = mysql_query("SELECT ".$prefix."posts.post_id, ".$prefix."posts.topic_id, ".
                   $prefix."posts.poster_id, ".$prefix."posts_text.post_text, ".
                   $prefix."topics.topic_title, ".$prefix."users.username, ".
                   $prefix."users.user_id ".
                   "FROM(".$prefix."posts LEFT JOIN ".$prefix."posts_text ON ".
                   $prefix."posts.post_id = ".$prefix."posts_text.post_id LEFT JOIN ".
                   $prefix."topics ON ".$prefix."posts.topic_id = ".
                   $prefix."topics.topic_id LEFT JOIN ".
                   $prefix."users ON ".$prefix."posts.poster_id = ".
                   $prefix."users.user_id LEFT JOIN ".
                   $prefix."forums ON ".$prefix."posts.forum_id = ".$prefix.
                   "forums.forum_id) WHERE ".$prefix."forums.auth_read = 0 ".
                   "ORDER BY ".$prefix."posts.post_time DESC LIMIT ".
                   $fetchposts."") or sqlerr(__FILE__,__LINE__);

begin_frame("Last $fetchposts Forum Posts",false,5);

if(mysql_num_rows($res) > 0)
 {
 echo "<div style='height: 200px; overflow: scroll;'><table>";
 while($arr = mysql_fetch_assoc($res))
  {
  echo "<tr>";
  echo "<td style='vertical-align: top; padding-right: 5px;'>[b]".$arr['username']."[b]: </td>";
  echo "<td>".$arr['topic_title']."
".format_comment($arr['post_text'])."</td>";
  echo "</tr>";
  }
 echo "</table></div>";
 }
else
 echo "No Forum Posts have been made. Will you be the first?";

end_frame();

// LAST X POSTS BY DJLEE END
?>
simply stick that wherever in your index you want the table to appear... it should work on all pages of the site not just index but you may need to mess around with the style a little on other pages depending on where u stick it .. but for index ur fine :P

well hopefully you wont have any problems. if you do just post back and it would be helpful if you have a problem to post back with your index.php so i can check it for ya straight away.. leaving the credits to the mod would also be nice lol :P
Old 5th April 2008, 16:42

Thanks to the rapid response and the help
Old 5th April 2008, 21:02
R.I.P. 07 Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlee
i could probably figure out how to do it given time .. i'll see if i can set up TS on my home server and have a quick look .. otherwise u cud set me up a temp ftp/ssh account to do it for ya .. but i'll attempt it on my localhost first if i dont have to piss about too much getting it setup for testing

simply stick that wherever in your index you want the table to appear... it should work on all pages of the site not just index but you may need to mess around with the style a little on other pages depending on where u stick it .. but for index ur fine :P

well hopefully you wont have any problems. if you do just post back and it would be helpful if you have a problem to post back with your index.php so i can check it for ya straight away.. leaving the credits to the mod would also be nice lol :P
:D An excellent piece of code for the phpbb2 lovers, thank you.
Old 7th April 2008, 11:11

Hello,
i have downloaded the TorrentStrike X Fusion and now i have a question,the file
Delete disbaled users.php is not by TorrentStrike?
Do you have the code php?

Kind regards... and sorry for the english... :D

Tags
tracker , xfusion