Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > P2P > Forum > Community Cafe
Old 22nd February 2008, 07:33
BT.Manager Owner

United States
Default BitTorrent Developers Introduce Comcast Busting Encryption
Written by Ernesto on February 15, 2008 AT TorrentFreak
Several BitTorrent developers have joined forces to propose a new protocol extension with the ability to bypass the BitTorrent interfering techniques used by Comcast and other ISPs. This new form of encryption will be implemented in BitTorrent clients including uTorrent, so Comcast subscribers are free to share again.

BitTorrent throttling is not a new phenomenon, ISPs have been doing it for years. When the first ISPs started to throttle BitTorrent traffic most BitTorrent clients introduced a countermeasure, namely, protocol header encryption. This was the beginning of an ongoing cat and mouse game between ISPs and BitTorrent client developers, which is about to enter new level.

Unfortunately, protocol header encryption doesn
I will no longer help you setup your site, there is a setup script if you have trouble with it post in the forum here or in BT.Manager™ forum
My Current Demo is here http://demo.btmanager.org/
Old 22nd February 2008, 22:04
xxx

P2P
Default Re: BitTorrent Developers Introduce Comcast Busting Encryption
I have a 10mbps cable line from UPC, they started a few months ago to filter the traffic without saying nothing to us...
we had a problem then because i was downloading with a max of 100KB/s ...then Deluge appeared and the problem was solved and now i`m back to utorrent (the beta version 1.8 build 8205) and using it with forced encryption.

F*uck UPC ! :slap:
Old 23rd February 2008, 15:31

Default Re: BitTorrent Developers Introduce Comcast Busting Encryption
A new encrypted and anonymised p2p is born in Japan: "Perfect Dark"
Open Testing

Presently, since Perfect Dark is still being actively developed, the author does not ask that the program's users at this point become dedicated "users" of the software. Instead the author asks them to participate in the test phase. Through this test phase, the author hopes for bug reports and discussion that will help shape perfect dark into the most useful application possible.

In comparison to its predecessors Winny and Share, the bandwidth and hard drive space requirements have increased. The minimum upload speed required by perfect dark is 100KB/sec, and it also requires a minimum of 40GB of hard drive space for its unity (cache) folder.
Security

The overall structure of the perfect dark network broadly resembles recent versions of Freenet, only with more heavy use of distributed hash tables.

The anonymity relies on a mixnet where traffic is forwarded according to a certain probability, as well as the deniability of the distributed datastore ("unity"), which is stored and transferred in encrypted blocks, with the keys distributed separately.

Perfect Dark uses RSA (1024-bit) and AES (128-bit) to encrypt data transmitted between peers. Exchanged keys are cached for efficiency.

Published files and boards (including automatic updates from the author, where enabled) are usually signed with 160-bit ECDSA signatures. Automatic updates are additionally protected with a 2048-bit RSA signature.

The author believes that initially, a layer of obscurity due to the closed-source nature of the program will frustrate attempted attacks on the anonymity, as well as network degradation due to "free riders" and junk files; however, the author has stated that it may become open-source in the future should an acceptable solution to these problems be found. 8-)

Tags
bittorrent , busting , comcast , developers , encryption , introduce