Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > TBDev
Old 28th April 2018, 06:50

Default Ghost leeching problem
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone can shed any light on a problem i seem to have stumbled across.

From what i understand If the .torrent file has the private flag in it (DHT, PEX and LPD show as "Not Allowed" on the trackers tab) then if someone removes the tracker URL from their client's tracker tab the connection to the tracker & peers drops and then the client goes into finding peers state.

Unfortunately this is not the case and i cant seem to figure out why or how to prevent users from doing this.

I have the Private Tracker Patch and Passkey, Ive tested using a different version of Utorrent and Ive even stopped the torrent after removal of the Tracker URL and started it back up again and it connects to peers. Ive researched google but i cant seem to find anything and im hoping someone here knows whats going on and if its possible to circumvent it.

I can somewhat detect it via the .torrent log file and the snatches log, i began to investigate it when i noticed one user had around 20 .torrent file's clicked on or downloaded but never came up as completing any or leeching for that matter. Ive checked the .torrent file in a .torrent file editor and the Private Flag is enabled.
Old 28th April 2018, 22:51
BT.Manager Owner

United States
This is a problem with all clients that could only be fixed by the client it's self.
if you download a .torrent file start leaching it and before your first update you remove the tracker from the torrent your client well remember the pear list it has already received and leach off them with out having the get anymore pears.
I will no longer help you setup your site, there is a setup script if you have trouble with it post in the forum here or in BT.Manager™ forum
My Current Demo is here http://demo.btmanager.org/
The Following User Says Thank You to joeroberts For This Useful Post:
Tedmorris (29th April 2018)
Old 29th April 2018, 00:01
VIP

and i continue that the system itself of the tracker should have an auto-update tool for peers that aren't actually connected to the system and remove them on next update, hence dissapear from any logs/statistics.
i think such tools are already available but like always they can't ever be 100% accurate

1. Server/VPS (Debian,CentOS,Ubuntu,Fedora, FreeBSD) Optimization and ... + Modules
  2. Webserver Windows/Linux (Apache/Lighttpd/Nginx/Mysql/PhpMyAdmin/SSL) Optimization and ... + Modules
  3. Seedbox Windows/Linux (uTorrent,rTorrent,libTorrent,ruTorrent) + Modules
  4. Multiple source code engines
  5. Linux Server Administration (security, cryptography/encryption, proxy, load balancer, custom ddos firewall)
The Following User Says Thank You to DND For This Useful Post:
Tedmorris (29th April 2018)
Old 29th April 2018, 03:03

I though that the private flag would drop the connection to peers the moment the tracker is removed from the client.

Would making the tracker SSL fix this?
Old 29th April 2018, 08:35
VIP

not really. ssl hasnt anything to do with this

1. Server/VPS (Debian,CentOS,Ubuntu,Fedora, FreeBSD) Optimization and ... + Modules
  2. Webserver Windows/Linux (Apache/Lighttpd/Nginx/Mysql/PhpMyAdmin/SSL) Optimization and ... + Modules
  3. Seedbox Windows/Linux (uTorrent,rTorrent,libTorrent,ruTorrent) + Modules
  4. Multiple source code engines
  5. Linux Server Administration (security, cryptography/encryption, proxy, load balancer, custom ddos firewall)
Old 29th April 2018, 12:04

Bugger..i thought perhaps the encryption may stop it to a degree. It most certianly would with proxy based cheat tools but it seems that the flavor atm is to bloody ghost leech.

Im not certian we are detecting them or paranoid but when i see a member whos grabbed 800+ .toorent files yet only has 80 snatches thats a good indication he is cheating.

I only recently updated the snatched list and its helped really make these types of members stand out. The only drawback is that its still a manual process to compare and analyze the data.

Tags
ghost , leeching , problem