Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > Template Shares > Mods & Themes
Old 16th December 2011, 16:12

Hi DAKz

i'm using allmost the original theme i adapted to version 7.2 but the thing i wanna do if you read carefully is having the images to be changed automaticly from a script that would do it every month by it self i don't wanna have to change them manually every time..

it can be by a cron job or a script that i would incorporate in the theme i don't care wich one it would be the thing is i don't know how to make the script or cron to make this that's why i came here to ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKz View Post
Since you did not say if you were making the theme from scratch or modifying the available avatar theme, I have to be pretty basic here.
Go to the templates folder, then to the theme you are using and find the css file open it up and look for the menu parts and there you can modify it. Some do use images for their menu backgrounds, and these will be in the img folder for the theme, but more then likely it will be in the css file.
Joeroberts wrote a great tutorial for themes, even though its not for tsse it still will be a great help. Best thing to do is open it all up on a localhost, get out your editor and open up the css file for that theme and then experiment with it till you get it just how you want it. Then (and this is important) hang it on a server to test it in ALL browsers. ie treats them way different then firefox or chrome, and once you get it just how you want then you can simply rename it to what ever you want and copy the entire theme folder over to your live site template folder, where if you do not want the users to use anything else then just delete all other theme folders, and set the default theme in the tracker settings. TSSE is pretty simple to retheme to anything you want.
Old 16th December 2011, 20:52

P2P
Wink could be done...but...
It could be done, but the biggest issue would be the time involved to develop it, test it, implement it would be longer then to just go in and change the theme when you want.
A cron job could do it, or even sample the time to change from the server time or even ttl many different ways to go about it, again to me it would be a time issue and worst you could be adding a exploitable area to your site.
The Following User Says Thank You to DAKz For This Useful Post:
Cleanup (17th December 2011)
Old 17th December 2011, 06:36

i don't see where the exploit could be you make a cronjob to copy files from directory 01 to theme images directory no external manipulation copy from one directory to the other if i don't find anyone to do such script i will create a cronjob for each month one will run every month changing the images should do the job ( hope so )

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKz View Post
It could be done, but the biggest issue would be the time involved to develop it, test it, implement it would be longer then to just go in and change the theme when you want.
A cron job could do it, or even sample the time to change from the server time or even ttl many different ways to go about it, again to me it would be a time issue and worst you could be adding a exploitable area to your site.

Tags
background , change , menu