View Poll Results: NEW tracker source: Project U-232
I will give it a try 440 77.33%
No, i`m using another source 72 12.65%
XAM is my hero, i`m sticking to Template Shares 57 10.02%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 18th February 2012, 08:44

P2P
@rootKID I have this source istalled on a VPS an it works great.. Need help im am sure u can get people to help set it up for u ..

Its the best source Bigjoos every did :P

Just post here we will help yeah
Old 5th April 2012, 11:11

P2P
Thumbs up
I installed Bigjoos-U-232 and gives me error on the login page

There seems to have been an error on this server. Please notify the webmaster of the site.
Old 5th April 2012, 14:15
U-232 Dev

United Kingdom
Well one thing is for certain, you will not find out what is wrong on your server by posting that, have you made any attempt yourself to search the forum it comes from because chances are its been answered over and over like most things, you do know you have a thing called error reporting which in turn if set up proper writes to the apache error log exactly what code is failing, faIling that if its sql related theres even a log folder for all those, now start again and set your server up properly, and if you wish to post a problem then do so and post whats wrong, i do not play guessing games, im not in control of your hardware, if you want guidance then do your part first. You are also using u-232 which was last developed years ago, i will not waste time supporting defunct versions, its on V3 now and clearly stated on the first page of this thread. So going by your level of detail, that vague description lol i can tell you straight away that's a http500 - Generic error message, your probably using Cent os, the header calls on template.php break, anyway like i said already im no guessing if you want to get on then get reading the forum it comes from.
Old 5th April 2012, 19:04
VIP

P2P
Smile yo big...
hey bigjoos... got a question...
and yeah, sounds silly... but why using mem-cache on your (V3)...

i mean, yeah, its good to have... but still.... many people (that i knew of), dont have money for a (VPS), but only shared accounts... (like me)... so they wont be able to have the latest version, but only up to V1... :/...

in anyway... here is my original question,

do you think in feature you could turn this off somehow for users that dont have me-cache and all that kinda stuff and do wonna play with your source?... could be greate as a start i think ....

in anyway... hoping answers soon dude :).
Old 5th April 2012, 19:20
U-232 Dev

United Kingdom
The why is simple in my eyes, with memcache i can have a low spec server handle major load that a non memcache source code would instantly kill, if you do not have memcache then 26-30 static querys appear per user per refresh on homepage alone... V3 can refresh in 0 querys in homepage between expires so theres no comparisons to make, announce loads up and you get the knock on effect all over. I've been at this game for a while and i've studied a lot of methods and ideas; For years i have sat and watched the hits a " Modded up code " makes to a db without any cache in use, then watched with text based cache in use, now Im completely convinced memcache is the king and nobody will sway me on that, if facebook and other big sites did not employ it the servers would blow up, i looked over several systems like SMF, it detects if you have APC and memcache installed and runs the code accordingly.

To answer the question on a feature to turn it off, well its not as simple as that - i would have to create new classes no doubt and modify the full source code structure, at this stage no one has attempted what we have with U-232, none of that code was available of the shelf or from other sources, it had to be created from scratch using help from experienced coders and my own knowledge, if i see benefit and not much disruption to incorporate such a switch I'd go for it no doubt but first i have many others on the list to see out, so don't expect it overnight or straight away.

Last edited by Bigjoos; 5th April 2012 at 19:32.
Old 5th April 2012, 20:11

United Kingdom
Default lol
i agree with joe on this one it make no sense to go back to the dinosour erra

facts:
1: memcache is easy to install when you know how
2: theres many tutorials out there that work well
3: webhosting is nearly same price as a cheap vps, so your point makes no sense i sell from £4 and they run cheaper in the states for around $4

just installed on my spare vps 256 ram cheapest i sell took me about 20+minutes set memcached and to setup and install the site
nothing special only just installed to prove a point and if you dont know how to install it get someone who can

keep it up joos

7.5 tsse
future tracker source & hosting, vps
trackers installs + Themes
http://www.foxyhosting.co.uk
http://www.downmy.top testing zone
offshore vps & cpanel hosting & Shoutcast & VPN
STOP cyberbullying
any setups tracker installs vps hosting vps setups themes mods hit me up
over the last three months ive become a snake breeder,pythons,hogs,boa,corn,rat,king,carpet and what joy it is

Last edited by x360zone; 8th April 2012 at 10:02.
Old 5th April 2012, 22:04

P2P
Bigjoos
Why y u no add sphinx-search?
Old 6th April 2012, 13:03
VIP

P2P
Cool i see...
i see your point of view biggy...
just asked...
and 360... yeah, i knew about you selling the cheap VPS... but not all places are selling that cheap... you have to look some good places to have some good prices at hand...

and as far as i see it... then yeah, your servers are good and cheap...
so... no point of view here... just asked (-'_'-)
Old 28th April 2012, 14:04

Czech Republic
Keep getting this error when I try to create my first user (Admin) using V3 version.
Code:
Error
Please resubmit the form. Click HERE
I been trying to edit the cookie and baseurl here is my current settings

my domain: example.com

Config.php
Code:
$INSTALLER09['cookie_prefix']  = ''; 
$INSTALLER09['cookie_path']    = '';   
$INSTALLER09['cookie_domain']  = 'example.com'; 
$INSTALLER09['domain'] = 'example.com';
$INSTALLER09['baseurl'] = 'http'.(isset($_SERVER['HTTPS']) && (bool)$_SERVER['HTTPS'] == true ? 's':'').'://'. $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
ann.config.php
Code:
$INSTALLER09['baseurl'] = 'http://example.com';

Thanks a lot for your help! :)
Old 4th May 2012, 19:04
U-232 Dev

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero9 View Post
Bigjoos
Why y u no add sphinx-search?
Working on it.