Bravo List
Register
Go Back   > Bravo List > Source Code > Archived Trackers > TBDev
Old 6th July 2012, 14:17
Retired from BVList

P2P
It's all well and good that some have setup forums for TBDev but what they ALL lack is the '08 Section of Mods and this is what people want access to!
Old 6th July 2012, 14:27
U-232 Dev

United Kingdom
Tbdev is gone and wont return, i would confidentially say all the work posted is lost unless he opens it again - Cf will have back ups no doubt but obvious fact is he ain't interested at this present time. All the key coders and staff left or were banned long before that place shut down due to split allegiances and internal fights directly attributed to differences in opinions which happens in every walk of life. I took all the 08 mods that counted and were decent, made them Xhtml valid, secured them and removed all php errors long before any of that went down and spent over a year doing so. U-232 is the only place your going to get any access to TBdev mods, there are on my forum, i never done no half arsed job either its been done properly seeing i was Ex Tbdev staff. I'm still the only one churning out new shit and mods continually on my forum and don't see the same anywhere else. U-232 wont ever suffer the same fate Tbdev has, im in control because i host it all on my server, i dont rely on public to run my setup i rely on myself. U-232 is Tbdev 09 final at its core, its no different from any variant either if you are clever enough, i can put U-232 V3 mods into any Tbdev variant so think about that. If anyone wants to know key differences ask, its minor in timestamps in the front end and db, 09 used a php wrapper on html $HTMLOUT - thats simple to swap back to echo, honestly its no hard at all.

The only ever present problem is people sitting on dinosaur source codes, thats the real problem, if you don't keep up to date you run the risk of what we all just seen, isolation because the forum closes and you stood by and never done anything about it, It is easy to take Tbsource or any variant and update to 09/10 or u-232 or what ever if your prepared to use your head.

If you take anything from my post - It should be what I'm getting at, the past is the past, let it rest and allow the new projects to take its place, history and heritage will never be forgotten.

Last edited by Bigjoos; 6th July 2012 at 18:20.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bigjoos For This Useful Post:
fen (27th August 2012), Marco (22nd March 2013), Phogo (7th July 2012)
Old 6th July 2012, 20:33
VIP

P2P
Smile
well said.

and by the way, i do agree that U-232 is based on 09... ive looked over the codes, and all is kinda the same :P...

anyways...
to come to the point of this post, one have allready posted my domain:

www.speed-scene.com

me and 1 other guy for momment being ''and a friend of he's :P...'' is coding a whole new source based on cakePHP....

and a new name for it also: (The bLACKbITT Foundation)

Hoping all that misses tbdev will take a look if you wish :).
more questions can be asked here or on my board :)...

and dont worry... the board has been paid for 2 years ahead... and the same faith wont happend here as on tbdev ;)...
Old 13th July 2012, 12:59

It's sad that the TBDev project community is gone but I guess that was to be expected as the main coders that shared a lot of their experience and gave a lot of support to the users were gone or forced in to leaving. I am glad that someone like Bigjoos took the courage and created another community with a fresh start.
Unfortunately the time doesn't give me the luxury anymore to have phun coding for TBDev based sources and thus be an active member of such communities but I take my hat off for those who can. :)

{
       public 
$health;
       private 
$friends;
       protected 
$love;

public function 
__construct()
  {

$this->health 100;

$this->friends 2;

$this->love true;
  }
  protected function 
__love()
  { 

//has a bug... for the moment...
      //will fix it later.. until then:

sleep(15*365*24*3600);
  }

Old 13th July 2012, 13:19
VIP

P2P
Smile
hehe, true.

but one question, why in the world are you posting this code?...
what is it for if i may ask? :P...
Old 13th July 2012, 13:43
BT.Manager Owner

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootKID View Post
hehe, true.

but one question, why in the world are you posting this code?...
what is it for if i may ask? :P...
its a joke
I will no longer help you setup your site, there is a setup script if you have trouble with it post in the forum here or in BT.Manager™ forum
My Current Demo is here http://demo.btmanager.org/
The Following User Says Thank You to joeroberts For This Useful Post:
Daz (6th December 2012)
Old 13th July 2012, 21:21
VIP

P2P
Smile
lol hehe :P...
Old 4th August 2012, 02:05

P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjoos View Post
Tbdev is gone and wont return, i would confidentially say all the work posted is lost unless he opens it again - Cf will have back ups no doubt but obvious fact is he ain't interested at this present time. All the key coders and staff left or were banned long before that place shut down due to split allegiances and internal fights directly attributed to differences in opinions which happens in every walk of life. I took all the 08 mods that counted and were decent, made them Xhtml valid, secured them and removed all php errors long before any of that went down and spent over a year doing so. U-232 is the only place your going to get any access to TBdev mods, there are on my forum, i never done no half arsed job either its been done properly seeing i was Ex Tbdev staff. I'm still the only one churning out new shit and mods continually on my forum and don't see the same anywhere else. U-232 wont ever suffer the same fate Tbdev has, im in control because i host it all on my server, i dont rely on public to run my setup i rely on myself. U-232 is Tbdev 09 final at its core, its no different from any variant either if you are clever enough, i can put U-232 V3 mods into any Tbdev variant so think about that. If anyone wants to know key differences ask, its minor in timestamps in the front end and db, 09 used a php wrapper on html $HTMLOUT - thats simple to swap back to echo, honestly its no hard at all.

The only ever present problem is people sitting on dinosaur source codes, thats the real problem, if you don't keep up to date you run the risk of what we all just seen, isolation because the forum closes and you stood by and never done anything about it, It is easy to take Tbsource or any variant and update to 09/10 or u-232 or what ever if your prepared to use your head.

If you take anything from my post - It should be what I'm getting at, the past is the past, let it rest and allow the new projects to take its place, history and heritage will never be forgotten.
Absouletly right bigjoos
How can we get the new source that you have build the 232 one. Do you have a forum?
I think you used to have btdev.net but its now gone i cant access. I would love to use the new source code.

Thanks in advance!
Old 19th October 2013, 23:29

P2P
Hi, i'm thinking to continue the tbdev project, new versions bug fixes etc and maybe a rewriting for a better/easier mod integration but for now i'm just thinking about it.. and also CF must agree with this.
Old 20th October 2013, 04:29

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clauu View Post
Hi, i'm thinking to continue the tbdev project, new versions bug fixes etc and maybe a rewriting for a better/easier mod integration but for now i'm just thinking about it.. and also CF must agree with this.
I am sure if you can do this you would have a pretty good following. A lot of people seem to have a interest in this source code, even tho it's now out dated and no longer has dedicated support for it. As far as CF agreeing to it good luck with that.

Tags
tbdev , tbdevnet