View Single Post
Old 1st October 2011, 14:45

P2P
Thumbs down yep I think I will pass on this mess
The document root is set right,
the errors show are memcache errors, and you posted that memcache isn't required but makes the site act faster.

I am going to pass on this mess. I have loaded and used every script on here with no issues except an once in a while staying awake to long to fight a bug to the end, but this one I will pass on. You have done a great job here, but anything that takes up 51mb unconfigured on a server should do more then generate error after error, thats what using the symfony framework is supposed to reduce.

I think your on to something very good here, but to be honest its still many months out from being usable, stable, and with out a demo, or being able to test if I can't say much about the security one way or the other, I do know that right now without it running, it is the most secure tracker there is, nothing to hack with out a running script.

SO keep at it young man, and I am sure it time the bugs will be worked out. I have no fear of chasing down bugs, hell I went through the LATEAM TSSE 5.6.1.2 with added mods is over 1200 pages of scripts, but with this, there is no starting place, and I am not going to flood the forums with all the problems encountered on this. I understand that this requires a certain server setup, but last time I checked we write scripts that work on servers, not write scripts and make the server people upgrade to the script.
I think the same thing could be done in any framework, joomla, xoomla and even wordpress there are a few mods for trackers, but to dive in this with an completely unproven source and no demo, and about 10 days of fooling with it off and on, I think I would rather run TBDEV that every script kiddie can hack to pieces and try and secure it from there. However my interests are not in making a tracker to put on line, but to a group of coders that would love to see something newer then 5 years to hang and run for testing, mods and then step back and see how well it does live, and this just isn't that far along yet.