Thread: santrex hosting
View Single Post
Old 28th December 2010, 20:44

Thumbs down
I have had a shared hosting plan from santrex and i can tell you that is pretty bad.
From the second day i`ve purchased there were mysql problems and the connection was slow.My website was more down than up.They emiled me saying that they are DDos attacked and this kind of stuff.After that they also emailed me and said that those from shared plans should move to a DDos protected servers :))...which are considerably more expensive:

Code:
Hello,

As you may be aware we've been targeted on our hosting1 DE server with major DDoS attacks for the past 48hrs, and we've been doing our utmost best to block the attacks but since your unmetered service is not clasified as a DDoS protected hosting we can not guarantee it to hold up against heavy attacks, therefore if you suspect your site to be the site being attacked on that segment then please do contact us at billing to arrange a move for you to our DDoS US hosting as it's only causing problems to all the customers on the hosting1 DE server which isn't quite fair.

We've changed the IP of the hosting for now to block the attacks and hopefully propagation wouldn't take long for your sites to respond again on the internet using the new IP address we've assigned.

Thank you for your patience.
I`ve gut much more emails like this from them.