Thread: Project U-232
View Single Post
Old 31st January 2018, 21:47
U-232 Dev

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botanicar View Post
@Bigjoos why I have this problem on login to U-232....
Well we updated the password hashing on test site a while ago but stopped short of full completion because password_hash is not backward compatible with php 5.4 <, so that creates issues for long term users that have servers set up already that don't want the hassle of updating something that's not broken as such. resetpw.php will update you fine but you would to have sent a hint and answer on usercp.

If anyone needs me to reset password just post here or fire me a pm here or on my forum.

Next release has different methods being developed on the test server but to be honest I know how tight the current u-232 login cookie system is, every hash generated is unique and requires more than crunching through millions of iterations, anyhoo that's irrelevant ha ha. Next release has a lot being changed or updated daily on the test server which will inadvertently cause signup/login problems until its all completed, we want to be sure the method we use is backward compatible and also stronger than current system.

Last edited by Bigjoos; 31st January 2018 at 22:14.