View Single Post
Old 6th March 2012, 16:46

P2P
Talking What X said
best thing to do is what x360zone suggested, install xampp, wammpp crampp whatever you want to run to run a localhost, then install any or all that your interested in. What is a great source to me is not always a great source for the next person. As a suggestion I would suggest for first time owners with no coder to install the TSSE nightcrawler version since it requires minimal staff its stable, mods can be added easy enough, plugins are so simple even a mac user could do it.
Now with that said....
2 more pieces of advice, READ! Read everything in these forums, then when your done go read them again.
Download and use notepad++ a quick way to edit experiment and play with the code.
NOw here is where most get into trouble they will post on here that their tracker isn't working they are getting errors from the torrent client and fill up 5 pages of errors, then they let the secret out, its installed localhost or worst on a free host. Simply put if all you want to do is watch utorrent download and upload there are enough sites around for that. If you want to really learn a tracker install it take it apart and when you borked it to death and it wont run don't try to save it, throw it out and reinstall it. Then when you have all like you want, got your art, got it running perfectly then install it to a real server and go for it.
As far as any of us giving you a behind the scenes look at a operating tracker, I have a couple for testing that are hung but they are not open, and think you will find the same with most here. Plus to give a stranger access to the backend of a running tracker, lol would rather let you fly Joerobberts helicopter.